ZW is Trash!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Nov 13, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is starting sunday so the Jets are very much sticking with him

SackRecord99 and BacktoQueens like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We'd be a playoff team with Justin Fields or Mac Jones. We can only dream of having to stick with them.

MDJets likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

due to injury and no better options.
    We are stuck with you on this forum. doesn't make you good.

4. GasedAndConfused

lol no we wouldn't. we'd probably be 2-3 win team. you need to watch them play more. most bears fans hate fields more then most jet fans hate zach. and think they'd be better off with wilson. it's the duality of fans due to the focus on your team and the lack of focus on other teams

jones is just a meme at this point. he's went completly backwards and looks worse then zach has in years 1 and 2. he lost the locker room, got benched last week for zappe who was awful, yelled at by his OC on the bench during the game and you think he would be better? thats an embarassing take

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah both Jones and Fields suck…no question

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Your beyond delusional. Fields has more than twice as many TDs as Zach does this year in only 6 games, along with a 61% completion percentage. Not to mention what he can do with his legs. He still holds the ball too long and yet he's a far more effective NFL QB than Zach. We'd have scored way more points with him.

Jones has been ruined by their system, which ironically Zach apologists argue happen to him. Here is guy that had a 92 rating his rookie year and the next year they converted their DC to their OC, in a system so bad even the players couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. Now he is on his third OC in 3 years throwing to guys I've never heard of. And he still has twice as many TDs as Zach and a 65% completion percentage. We can only dream of that production.

Nobody in the league thinks their team would be better off with Zach Wilson. Of maybe some teams do and I just don't know what to look for.

Jets81, SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

lol watch him play. you wouldn't even have an opinion without google numbers. here i'll help you

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfoo..._fields_game_film_looks_really_bad/?rdt=44534

there are hundreds of examples aorund the internet of him doing that all the time. he's awful. worse then zach at reading defenses, not as good as an arm, he just has better upside as a runner

here is the best snapshot from that play

[​IMG]

Clean pocket, wide open WR. and he winds up being sacked.
    the playcall was great. he had 4 open people at various times and great protection and he runs into a sack. this is fields all the time. it's awful.

#27 GasedAndConfused, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    cval likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The whole thread is everyone saying how Fields has sucked because they staff is awful and tried turning him into a pocket passer and not letting him run all over teams to setup the pass.

That argument sounds quite similar to your argument of it’s mostly all the other factors around Wilson.

ouchy and SOJAZ like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

part of it does yes, not the whole thread but like any QB he will have his fans that blame everyone. I'll look at the actual film and make a judgement on it. When you have the video you don't need someones opinion on it. you can form your own.
    with that said, yes chicago should help him out and change up the offense like the ravens did for lamaar, but he's no lamaar jackson. the jets should change theirs to help out zach becuase he's no aaron rodgers
    Fields isn't soley the blame for their offense, but he's not an NFL QB. he's a college QB who isn't fit to start for an NFL team. his best spot would be lamaars backup. they will have likely the 1st overall pick and should move on from him.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I've seen only the stills of this, but watching the actual footage is much more eye-opening. If right at the point where the pic above is stopped, Zach saw Breece (who was 15 feet from him), that's a touchdown. Three guys open a half second after this shot - GW and middle top, (Gipson??) at the top were both significantly open) and Zach throws to the ONE GUY that's blanked by three defenders.

I mean, seriously.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That thread is after their week 2 loss. Since then Fields has thrown 9TDs to 3 INTs. The game from the picture he's using as an example of sucking was a game Fields finished with a 125.3 QB rating - a week after posting a 132.7 rating. Its just a laughable stretch to insist Zach is a better NFL QB.

12. GasedAndConfused

yup. he had his 1st read and chose not to take the easy yards and go for more. he had his 2nd read but hesitated and lost it, went to his 3rd read where his 3rd and 4th read had 1 guy to cover both. he stared him down which made the DB cover read 3 and he still had protection to go to read 4 who was uncovered for a TD but instead he ducked his head and ran into a sack

13. GasedAndConfused

you are using stats from 2 years ago to make your point, but film form this season doesn't?

here is the KC game (week 3)

this is an older 1 during year 2 so not as applicable but has good film clips
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/10/6/23390391/justin-fields-chicago-bears-quarterback

the point is both are bad QBs and jet fans wouldn't be happy with fields if we drafted him.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He also threw 4 TDs that game you cherry picker.

#34 ouchy, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

How do you have time for anything? Seriously, you watch all of Justin Fields, all PIT Steelers games, you cataloged every performance of Tim Boyle, Trevor Siemian, Carson Wenz and so many others deep enough to dismiss every statistical reference of them. You don’t need stats when you just pretend you’ve seen every single performance of every player reference so you can say difinitibelu whether they’re bad or good. All hail the great visionary Gased and Confused, mankind’s measurements of football players is completely flawed. We can only use the great and vast knowledge of G&S’s “stats don’t matter because I’m so smart and have seen every single play of every single player you can reference and only my opinion holds truth.” You really are so amazing.

Jets81 and BrowningNagle like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If you click the link from Orlovsky above, you can see him break down the entire play. He should have gone to Breece

17. GasedAndConfused

if zach threw 4 TDs this weekend you'd still hate him.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

More like if he threw 4 INTs you'd still love him.

And write a long explanation about how it wasn't really his fault.

19. GasedAndConfused

I don't watch all of fields. never said I did. depends whats going on with the game mix options. sunday is 1 day a week.
    If people want to debate a player I can watch the shortclips versions of the games anywhere.
    it's not really time consuming at all

i'm not saying to use my knowledge. or that my opinion means more. I'm saying videos are out there everywhere. i'm telling some people here to google the videos, watch them, and give their own opinion instead of googling a number to try and use it to prove a preconceived notion. me and Ky may differ on stuff but I always respect his opinion because it's his based on what he sees. I can't respect an opinion based on nothing but a result w/o context.

20. GasedAndConfused

I don't love him, and I wouldn't love him if he threw 4 TDs. I also don't hate him either. He's just the lesser of 3 evils currently. nothing more, nothing less.

Only an idiot would say someone loves a player when that someone has said he's bad, and he wants him gone when it's feasible and that we are stuck with him for 1 more year.