Zach Wilson named starter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 6, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well better 1st half. some of his throws were pretty legit too even though his arm isn't great. he struggled in the 2nd half when pitt adjusted to the fact the pats were picking on PS LBers

2. GasedAndConfused

I didn't pay attention to the QBs in this draft really so no idea. but in that case yes I would have said to bench zach. matter of fact I did say it several times. If we had some young unknown QB may as well give him a shot. but when the options were simian or boyle, 2 known quantities it was a stupid thing to bench him.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

But did he get upgraded to "Even More Space" seating?

4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Booked my Jet Blue flight today.. even more space seat was $70... it used to be $40..

BrowningNagle and stinkyB like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well said, I read this while I was OOC but couln't respond... Spot on, but sadly this dysfunctional team will be back with our savior ... maybe this time he can pass on carry out the flag and win a few games.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is easy to say fire the coach or bench the Qb. Fire Bowles get Gase, bench Zach get Boyles.

The Jets have much bigger problems than the coach. We have a big percent chance to get someone worse the Saleh.

If we had a coach in mind that we think we can get say Harbaugh I all for firing Saleh. That is not what will happen the Jets will do a search hire some consultant and we will end up with somebody worse but the opposite of Saleh. Home many times do we have to run back the same movie.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Harbaugh wouldn't come here anyway. The first rule of Jets coaching searches: if the guy has options, he aint coming here.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, but how many times do we run back the current JD/Saleh movie? Yes, chances are if we fire JD and Saleh, we can get someone worse. But we can also get someone better and finally turn things around. It's the same movie every year with this group. Can't build Oline, can't find a QB, can't develop a young QB, can't call good offensive game plan. Which is why long term we need an offensive coach, who will call the plays - like Miami did. It's much easier to find competent DCs.

Chris and Woody had the right idea the first time when he wanted to get someone who calls plays to "where the offense is going" who would then basically get a DC who would be a head coach of the defense. But you shouldn't get a guy who literally just called #32 ranked offense, which is what Gase did before being hired. Nor someone who looks like he just escaped from mental institution. That was incredibly dumb. You get someone, an OC, who actually called a successful offense, not #32 when you got him. And actually our defense wasn't even that bad. Idea was right though, but execution was dog shit awful.

And as far as GM, again, the concept was correct, look into a successful organization, and get #2 FO football guy there. And JD wasn't terrible until this off-season. Though he wasn't a true apprentice to Howie Roseman, only spent 3 years with him. Right now there is a guy in Philly who was a true pupil to Roseman, Alec Halaby. There are other successful GM assistants as well we can pick.

The point is, if we keep shitty status quo hoping some marginal improvements will occur, we will be mediocre. I have seen enough at this point to at least give it a shot to attempt to do better.

Ralebird likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Who's the starter this week?

11. GasedAndConfused

saleh said it's zachs job the rest of the year IIRC

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic...should've appended a "/s".

GasedAndConfused likes this.