Zach Wilson named starter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nah he’s not, he’s been here a long time.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My dry sarcasm sometimes doesn't transfer well to print. I was kidding. You guys don't like to break balls on here, huh? Just fun commaraderie or outright disdain! <--- kidding again

3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don't care who they start at this point, but I don't see how any fan can have any confidence going into next season with this owner, GM, & coach. Everyone just seems like a bunch of buffoons.

SOJAZ, papapump, Tamba_Trio and 7 others like this.
  4. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

We said that about Gase and that did not happen

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It is still unbelievably bizarre to name him starter for the rest of the year because there is zero reason to say anything at all.

That tells me it has pretty much nothing to do with Saleh and he’s essentially a lame duck.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

wE aRe nOt wiNNing aNoThEr GaMe

yep, dont matter how ya spell it

Hope Saleh and Jumbo Douglas go bye bye

SOJAZ and Wahoo like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the guy can’t even pick his own QB

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I said a few weeks ago I thought they needed to let Zach go schoolyard, take the weights off and get out of his ear. I hope they do that.

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Man, even by Jets standards this is one whacky fucking season...

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It would be poetic for Zach to ball out the rest of the season and then ask for his release. I think we know the odds of that are infinitismal but still. These guys have handled this season like bumbling assholes.

SOJAZ and NY Jets68 like this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s hard to imagine that something with a profound negative effect won’t happen. Because if we ever think we’ve suffered enough….

The_Darksider likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

For the Steelers it is lean times. For us it would be nirvanna

13. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

What an unbelievably incompetent joke the management of this organization is. You couldn’t make it up. And the final fuck you is to once again shove this suck ass little asshole down our throats. I’d rather they just keep signing QBs until they find one that can get into the end zone. I thought New York Jet ridiculous incompetence couldn’t get worse. I was once again proven mistaken

SOJAZ, papapump and Since1969 like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In the end, the door is right over there. We like to hate them I think.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing an opportunity to bench Zach after the Miami game and start him again vs. the Pats to close out the season...

[​IMG]

Wahoo likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Well, well, well, Zach completely denied the report in no uncertain terms. Zach on whether there is any truth to the report: "Absolutely not, absolutely not, I love the guys in this locker room, I would do anything... any time you have a chance to step on that field, you need to take advantage of it."

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Were you expecting him to come out and admit it? His only play is to lie and hope enough people believe him or he’s finished in the NFL.

papapump and Since1969 like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No, but don't you think it's important to hear from the guy himself before making a conclusion on what is reported about him? In fact, it would not have been a terrible idea for Russini to reach out to Zach for comment before reporting this.

Now that I heard all sides, here is what I think is the most probable scenario. Diane greatly exaggerated the story or trusted unreliable source that was wrong or both. This is a nothing story. Here is why I say this.

The timeline just makes no sense to me. I alluded to that yesterday. So on Sat the 25th of Nov Saleh announced Boyle (!!!) a starter vs Falcons. Then the following Wednesday the 29th of Nov they asked Zach to get ready to start soon and he showed reluctance. This makes no fucking sense at all. I mean Saleh may not be great HC, but it's moronic even for him to announce Boyle as a starter and then have his staff to tell Zach to possibly get ready to start soon. So, that just doesn't compute, it's illogical.

Then she said Aaron was asked by Jets HC staff twice to talk to Zach, first he said no, but then said OK to start on second attempt. Zach would not leak this. Aaron would not leak this. And they are the only two people with direct knowledge of this conversation. So whoever leaked it - it's a second/third/fourth hand info and is unreliable. Aaron denied the part he was told to speak with Zach by the Jets organization. Zach denied the whole thing.

So what really happened? Sounds to me like nothing much. Maybe some sort of frustration/venting expressed at some point at worst, but I don't think there was actual reluctance, and yes it does seem to me like the report was blown way out of proportion and it's bunch on nothing news.

#79 Borat, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    NY Jets68 likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

@ColoradoContrails Saw your post in the locked thread about Boyle being the leak, so could not respond, hence let me do it here. I have no idea if Boyle is the leak, but I don't want to assume that just because he was fired. Because that was on merit. Recall how I was posting that I wanted him to start, so that we can lose all the games even before they got rid of him. I watched his film for the Jets, and the guy is god awful. Even when he got protection, which by the way happened about 1/2 the time on Sunday, which is way more than usual. I said after watching him that we need him to finish the tank job. He is no where near Zach's level, even though Zach wasn't great either.

Therefore, if Saleh saw what I saw and doesn't want to tank, which of course he doesn't since he can get fired too soon, Boyle would have been cut right away. The guy is just as bad now as when he had 1 TD and 13 INTs in FBS.