Zach inactive for the last game...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are the "blonde haired, white teethed, shiny happy people" here in the room with us now?
    [​IMG]

2. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Ahhh there might be one or two left on this board, who think we will rue the day we let poor Z Wilson go, and of course there is a whole state full of 'em out in Utah, but no I think for most part they have moved on. Particularly after the family planted that article in Deseret News somehow trying to blame the Jets for fact that their son was an atrocity on the field (although i admit it is easy to point fingers at us). They've told themselves it was our fault. Anyway no ill will towards them - they all generally nice people - they just ain't built for the east coast, or particularly being Jets fans - where misery is a way of life.

Anyway when i saw their pool and backyard set up at that party i knew we were screwed.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For me I think it was Bieber.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Who the Hell in the organization went on record and said he didn’t want to play the last two games. We have no idea what this dysfunctional CS is doing. Another bunch of speculative BS

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's all just white noise...

Until the Jets draft & develop a QB that succeeds on the field of play... I'll always tend to blame the team first.

Zach's as good as gone... time to fuck up some other kid's NFL career.

6. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Someone will pick him up; his physical abilties will wow somebody and I predict he'll show ass if he makes it as a #2 onto a roster and has to start in place of an injured starter.
    I haven't seen anything that suggests he's got the discipline to be a "career backup" and put in the work and be ready when needed for a team.

SOJAZ, mezzavo and SackRecord99 like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Some of this is a little ridiculous. I don’t think Wilson is a bad kid at all or a shithead that didn’t care like Rosen. But I do think that he was in way over his head in being the chosen one and trying to lead a group of men.

He lived a very sheltered upper middle class life in state and at a high school and college that is sheltered in of itself. He wasn’t ready for New York and he quite frankly wasn’t ready at all to play right away in the NFL given his limited college experience.

Brook!, Jets81, JetsUK and 8 others like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

true I’m speculating. That’s what message boards are all about.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

see i have a problem with that though. Year 1? Yeah okay, he’s not ready for a man’s league.

This is the end of year 3 though. Grow the fuck up sometime

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Everyone responds differently to a concussion? I doubt that pun was intentional.

I was in a coma 20 years ago. I didn't respond at all, ha.

ouchy likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That explains a lot... ;)

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That dehydration can be some serious shit. Three weeks now. Unconfirmed reports say he has refused all liquids since week 15.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah this thread is quite sad from some of you. Hope Zach does well in his next stop

cval likes this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I wish him the best of luck in the future.

15. jetophile

It actually does. You don't come out of a coma an unchanged being. It has been a hell of a ride. You may look 95% OK on the outside, but the 5% on the inside no-one can see can wreak absolute havoc on your life. All doctors wanted to do was ply me with crazy pills, which was NOT an answer nor a solution.

I finally hit on the right Neuroligist going on 3 years ago. He literally apologized to me on behalf of his profession and the medical community for failing me misrerably. Post-Coma Syndrome and TBI, it's a thing.

I am not on medication of any kind, and although it's been a struggle of an entirely different order, I've come to a wonderful spot of permanent stability. Still bananas, but a manageable world that I now take great joy in. I was joyless my entire life, so it came full circle.

The Jets, I just accept it. o_O

Nyjets4eva and Brook! like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, its clear now Zach was over drafted. He just wasn't ready to play 1st two years. The jump from BYU to NFL was too big, and he wasn't good enough at the time to start, which - at the spot he was drafted at - pretty much players are expected to start right away and then figure it out along the way. He was too far off to do that and should have been drafted later as a developmental. project. The Jets didn't do him any favors either. No line throughout the career, particularly this year when it looked like he improved. Knapp, who was supposed to be his mentor, tragically passed, and MILF needed a competent QB, he is not the one to baby and develop a guy who is very far off, like Zach was.

Fast forward to today. I thought Zach actually improved this year to the point where he can be a solid back-up next year if JD can finally fix OL (tough ask I know). He is owed 5.5 mil - 1 year guaranteed, which is a decent contract for a back-up. While Zach obviously got a lot more money than what he deserved before, this last year is actually not bad contract wise. However, given his history here, it just feels like JD/Saleh will be moving on. Lance fetched a 4th, and given Zach improved and had impressive games this year against KC and Houston, a 4th is probably reasonable. I would not trade him for anything less than that.

mezzavo likes this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Knowing this regime, he'll almost certainly be back next year. Nobody is trading for him and they're not going to just cut him and eat that money.

Woody seems almost determined to have a repeat of 2023 in 2024. We're barreling straight towards that oncoming train full speed ahead.

18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow! Damn man.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Good honest summation of Wilson!

I have to ask, when did this happen? It used to be, a couple decades ago, that a kid was drafted, especially at the QB spot, and he sat. Sat for at least 1 or 2 years unless he was far and away ready. (Marino et. al.) When did we get to a spot where you draft a kid at QB and then start him game 1? Not only that but these teams are now drafting these kids with next to no college experience as well! See Tony Richardson this year. Zach Wilson, Trey Lance... Hell, in Trey Lance's case, not only was he drafted with a whopping 13 games started, SINCE HIGH SCHOOL, but he also came from a "nobody school!" At least Richardson played for Florida! Wilson, coming from BYU, also falls into this category. Seriously, no one ever will confuse BYU with a Power 5 school. Every once in a while they field a competitive team but in general....yeah.

The insult to injury is the money has actually flipped. Pre-the rookie wage scale which came out of the last CBA or two ago, now has these kids at least making a reasonable amount as opposed to the insane money they used to pull down as as a pick in the top 10 Anyone remember Sam Bradford's contract? Unreal. You would THINK that, now they are paying them a reasonable wage thus taking up a tiny fraction of the cap, they can sit behind a vet, learn the game a bit and then start. Jordan Love comes to mind. Look at him now, year 3...can you imagine what he would have looked like had he started instead of sitting behind Rodgers for a few years? He's just barely serviceable! Had he started out of school he'd be out of the league!

In today's day and age they are picking these kids, PRAYING they can play at least middling football, and loading up the cap on other players because they know that, if a kid is good, he'll be making $50 mill or more when the 1st contract ends which will essentially put them behind the "cap 8-ball." Which is a horrible way to build a team. They "burn" through so many, what I suspect, could be good QB's for nothing! ESPECIALLY if they are going to continue to draft kids who have 13 games experience from High School to the NFL. Personally, I think it's shitty "modus operandi" but, then again, who am I? Just wonderin'.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  20. jetophile

Totally. It's probably one of the subconscious reasons why I love 'The Bride of Frankenstein' so much! Pneumcoccal Meningitis that typically kills you boneyard dead in 24 hrs, but I also had a hole in my cribriform plate and my brain was herniated into my face, so there's that. Technically it's called Post-Meningitis Coma Syndrome, but they sometimes crossover.

All is good now. :)

[​IMG]
    GO JETS!