Young Guns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by b.reyes16, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

agreed. Johnson and T.O. are just another Holmes. both are selfish players.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

T.O was drawing double teams in pre season. His presence would open things up for Kerley and Hill. At this point what do we have to lose?

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

t.o is not the missing piece. he's not going to come in and save our season. he's been out of football for over a year and no other team has given him a look after seattle cut him for braylon, a guy who probably has maybe 3 catches on the season. t.o is a massive jackass and that is a potential shitstorm waiting to happen. even while playing at an ultra high level, teams were forced to get rid of him because he was just so bad in the locker room. now we're risking bringing in that same guy but without the elite talent?

do you really think t.o is going to lead us to the playoffs? because santonio holmes is a much better player than t.o is right now and things were looking pretty bleak even with him.

this is my point.

no one we bring in now is going to save our season. we either have the pieces right now or we don't. imo, we don't.

and if we're not going to win this year.. then we should focus the season on seeing what pieces we got to build around for next year and the future.

for the offense, that happens to be hill, kerley and powell.

look around the league. it's not unusual for rookie or second year wrs to be playing major snaps.

greg little in cleveland. blackmon in jax. aj green took the job and ran with it. granted, aj green is ridiculous but still. moore and streater in oakland. torrey smith in baltimore.

just let hill and kerley run with the job. see what we got. some 1 year stopgap coming in and stealing targets isn't going to help us get to the playoffs this year and it certainly won't help us in the future.

i think stephen hill should get "the man" treatment from sanchez.

4. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan New Member

I assume you are talking in general, giving the game into Sanchize's hands vs. the Texans plays into the strength of our defense. I think Wade and Co. would be thrilled to see that happen.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

He also dropped almost every single pass thrown his way.

Play the young players and see what you have. This is not a playoff team whether they sign Owens or not.