You make the call- Pennington or Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Exit 117, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Who do you start at QB in Week 5?

1. Chad Pennington

33.6%
  2. Kellen Clemens

66.4%
  1. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

WRONG. This isnt PERSONAL. I LOVE CHAD THE PERSON. He is a great mind and deserves to finish his career with us. It wont be on a high note but he is a Jet no matter what.

2. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

i think chad will continue to start .. but was scary about today was how shaky and floaty so many of his passes were. he did not look good except for a few plays.

3. Mr. green T

Mr. green T New Member

If Clemens doesn't have the stones to take a beating, i'd like to know now. Now we'll see if Mangini has the stones to make a real decision.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

wow. 2 weeks ago Chad won the poll. Now it's Clemens in a landslide. Can't say i blame anyone. Chad looked horrible today. Today was a perfect example on not being able to get the ball downfield. I love Chad,and I still root for him to be our successful QB,but i won't be upset if Clemens gets his shot now.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

pennington has the most deceptive numbers in the world. hes accurate, yes...but more than 2/3 of his completions are 5 yrds or less. i was amazed hearing ian eagle carry on about 14 completions in a row. they shouldnt count completions when you could have easily done the same with a pitch to the back.

i love chads fire, and his competitiveness, and his leadership....but i dont love him as our QB. its not 2002 anymore....we need a guy who can go vertical and who can put points on the board.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How can an opinion like that be wrong? It isn't a right or wrong question. Ha ha.

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

how can it be that he isnt liked or respected? i dont think theres a jet fan alive that doesnt like pennington the person. hes a great guy, has class and great character. the thing is you need a great athlete to go along with that....and as unfortunate as it is, penny isnt that. hes a persistant dude, and i have nothing but respect for the guy. but its time to make a change.

ill give you that he got disrespected when he got hurt and the fans cheered. that was just disgusting and makes me ashamed those people root for the same team i do....but as a whole he has been held in pretty high reguard with jet fans. those drunk assholes at the game that week were the exception as opposed to the rule.

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Will you leave, too?

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you want me to, no wait I can't say that because I would have to leave.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

If he gives Chad 4 more games, he may lose his team, the support of the fans, and his job.

I love Chad, and I wish a guy like could be the one who led us to a title, but he's never going to. Clemens might not be either, but we should know now, before we are picking with one of the first 5 picks in 2008.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It depends on what your focus is. Are the Jets trying to create value with playing Chad and hoping he does well for a future trade, perhaps at the end of the year? Kellen needs to prove himself a little more before you just hand the reigns to him. So if you take that leap and it fails, you are losing trade value with Chad.

It may be better to play the string out with Chad, hope for some decent results, and get some good value for him. I like Chad, but the more floaters I see, the more I think "this is a guy who cannot make all the throws, and that can limit the offense". Kellen, what little has been seen, clearly can make all the throws with a better arm. I would assume another bad performance next week, and it's Kellen's turn.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I have a feeling we'll be doing that anyway

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Totally agree, but I want to know if we need to draft a QB, or we can afford to fill other holes we're riddled with.

It doesn't matter who starts, we're not winning more than 6, and that's being generous at this point.

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Our D-line is so bad it has to be addressed first... right now they couldn't sack groceries...

15. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

the giants d is a good d to start clemens against, he will love compared to going against the ravens d

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

so sick of this, this thread sucks.

17. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I'm thinking the same way. I voted Chad in the last poll, now I voted KC in this poll. Can all the receivers be off the mark so much of the time? The fake spike was the only creative thing that worked today. It's time for a shake-up before this season is completely lost. It may already be too late.

18. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

is this thread serious or sarcasm?

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People cheered when he went down with an injury :rolleyes:

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Pretty lopsided, as expected.

I love Chad, but please don't throw out the 32/39 290 yards...

I'm just tired of seeing him really...

Put Kellen in...The season is shot.