Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we weren't supposed to be there? go fuck yourself with that garbage logic.

If we were so bad...shouldn't the Bengals have beaten us the 2nd time?....Hell, we shouldn't have had a chance in the land of the Giant WRs they call San Diego.

Seriously.....maybe put some thought into your posts before you post.

oh shit...i just realized you're a fin fan.....hahahahahahaha....nevermind. *throws you a candy corn*

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Now this is what pisses me off. What other AFC team deserved the Jets spot in the playoffs then?

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he's spewing retarded logic......just ignore him.

4. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

The Dolphins are not better, nor are the Jets at this point in time. The only thing worth mentioning is that the last 3 times these teams met, the Dolphins won. Lets not mention anything you guys did against other teams, what did you do when you played the Dolphins? Folded quicker than a chair after church. Revis Christ and the rest of the gang couldn't save you then.

5. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

The Bills beat us once, and we beat them once. Therefore, we are teams of equal caliber.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Hey, we split the season with the Bills and the Patriots so that means that they are on the same level too, right?

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Did you enjoy those 2 wins getting you nowhere?

Did you enjoy watching the Jets make a run through the playoffs?

Why is it worth mentioning a game that happened in 2008 when each team had a different qb? What sense does that make? I think it speaks volumes that you have so little to hang your hat on when comparing these 2 teams that you bring up a game from 2008?

Why don't you bring up the most recent games each of the 2 teams played this past January in the playoffs.. oh wait..

8. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Umm, exactly!

9. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Still waiting for you to tell me what other team deserved to have the Jets spot in the playoffs.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Ah you are just being a troll now calling me homer. Nothing could be further from the truth. Head to head the Dolphins were better. However against the rest of the league it wasn't close. Hey but carry on with your trolling.

#150 Miamipuck, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  11. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

I never understood why people resort to using profanity and losing their tempers because someone's opinion is different than their own. A debate is a debate, but I know name calling...Grow up and set an example for Rex Ryan.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Funny guy not quoting the whole post.

Jets- 2 Playoffs wins.

Dolphins- below 500 record.

13. Trifco

Trifco New Member

...and despite all of this, the fins can still win both matches this season...

...and despite losing both games (IF that happens), jets could still have the better team and the better chances to make it to the playoffs.

That's what happened this past season: jets had the better team but the dolphins won both matches.
    Past season + Offseason trades = Jets improved more than the fins = Jets SHOULD win both games this season.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah.. the Dolphins fans were apparently very satisfied beating the Jets 2 times because those 2 wins did an awful lot for their season.

Meanwhile the Jets despite those 2 losses, proceeded to make a run and damn near make the Super Bowl.

Hmmm, 2 playoffs wins or 2 regular season wins.. which would I rather have

15. ........

........ Trolls

Meh, it's kind of a wash.

He's absolutely right that it's tough to call which team better improved itself during the offseason. He's also right that the most reliable indicator of a better team is consistently superior play, i.e. the 3 straight wins.

However, I don't think anyone who watched those games would call the 2 last season "consistently superior play". The game to end 2008? Absolutely. The 2 games in 2009? Hardly. Like I said in another thread, we got the Dolphins twice early. In that first game, we had what, a handful of plays showing Henne? He came in and had his best game of the season as we overloaded against the run. Henne proved better than we anticipated, we couldn't adjust, and our entire defense fell apart. In the second game, we dominated nearly every aspect of the game from start to finish. I have little doubt that we'd have won the first game with more film on Henne, and it's tough to suggest that the 2nd game was a sign of superiority.

As far as this offseason, the Phins did have 3 solid additions. My biggest criticism of the Marshall trade was that his contract would make it very difficult for the team to keep other offensive pieces in place and would cripple them if he bombed off the field. As it has come out, there's a certain measure of protection built in. The Dolphins got better, yes. I don't think any objective outside observer would feel that they're on the same footing as a Jets team that grew as the season (and, more specifically, postseason) wore on, though.

16. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

It's hard to make that call...it would be all hypothetical and in this realm, that doesn't mean ish

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny when we gave you a dose of reality about that whiny crying thread, you were not very thrilled. Hey carry on with trolling. Its all good..........

18. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

:rofl: Then how can you say we didn't deserve to make it but you can't even gimme a team to replace us with who was more deserving? Seriously?

19. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I'd even say we have a different qb NOW than the one we had back in november... (which is why I think all the "2 games lost vs dolphins" + "you didn't belong in the playoffs" is bs)

20. ........

........ Trolls

It's frustrating trying to have a level-headed discussion with Dolphin fans. They rarely understand what you're saying and even more rarely have anything of value to add. Way to criticize ad hominem attacks and then attack Rex, by the way.