Yankees Acquire Sal Fasano; Looking at Wilson Betemit. 7/26 game thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

One of our better players when things are on the line. He's very impressive.

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

his two at bats with the bases loaded that i can remember are a triple off the very top of the wall, and a homerun.

3. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

Now that i think of the trade.. it wont be such a bad deal if Dotel is almost ready to come back.

4. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I'm not counting on Dotel at this point. He's had three setbacks already...well 2.5 since this latest one isn't as bad as they bad previously thought, but still. Who knows. If he ever plays for us this season, it's bonus.

Speaking of Dotel, I read this on ESPN.com:

Wasn't aware that he was getting that much for a season which he knew we'd be lucky if he pitched for two months.

5. dwalsh

He said he wants to stay a Yankee. So if he proves he can come back effective, then he will resign with the Yanks if they want him back.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Guess A-Rod can hit in the clutch huh? I can't believe people really doubt him. Melky is one of the most talented people to come out of our system in a long time, probably the most talented since Jeter.

And the point I was trying to make about Proctor was clarified after my last post. It doesn't matter if a positional player is talented, we need Proctor right now. We have no one to pitch. Again, I point to the 80's as the example of how getting tons of bat power and defense doesn't win. Pitching does.

A lineup with Posada, Phillips, Cano/Cairo, A-Rod, Jeter, Melky, Damon, and Guile/Bernie/Crosby will score runs. We need pitchers who can hold the runs down.

BTW: Still think we don't need Proctor?

7. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

How is TJ Beam going to take on part of Proctor's role if he lets the first two batters of this inning get onto 2nd and 3rd?

8. dwalsh

Farnsworth is believed to be injured... if its anything serious then this trade CANNOT happen

9. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

is pavano due back mid august? I know he was due july but had some arthoscopic surgery on his elbow.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Temporary Game Thread:
    TJ Beam! :mad:

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Why would we bother with Dotel? He and Pavano can go jump off the Triboro for all I care. They are both useless.

12. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Well, doing something of great significance with the bat every 2-3 weeks isn't enough for me from a guy who has been our clean-up hitter for most of the season.

But enough of that :)

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Thanks Beam!

EDIT: TORRE WTF are you DOING??? Why is Myers warming up? Let PROCTOR PITCH!

14. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

o.k. trade him :mad: now we will lose the game because torre will bring in rivera to pitch two innings and he ALWAYS blows tie games.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Dotel's "adjustment" period is something that is considered good for Proctor. Let's remember what Proctor is, the only reason he's doing well is because the AS break just happened, and Clueless couldn't use him for 5 days. His arm is still fresh. Soon enough, he will be overused, and suck again. Everyone is acting like Proctor is a huge part of the bullpen. He's going to fall back down to earth here very soon, and when someone offers you a player like Betemit for him, you don't even think twice.

It doesn't matter if it's Proctor or Beam, the only guy who can be counted on to get out Ortiz and Ramirez is Rivera. If either of them is on the mound against those two with the season on the line, we are screwed.

The speculation to trade Cano is only to see what is available. Cano is a better pure hitter, but Betemit has more power. It's not like the two are world's apart. Both will improve, especially Betemit, whose patterns show he gets better each year at the next level. Cano has more value, if he and a mid-level prospect can bring back a top of the line starter, then you have to atleast look into it, and you can seriously consider it since you have Betemit on the team.

16. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

WOOO i take that back... I want rivera over chacon. well if they even make it to extras.

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise.

Really, if people thought Proctor could remain successful with the Clueless dumb fuck of a manager he has, you're delusional.

18. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

Why the fuck was TJ BUM IN THE GAME

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Get him out of there, so Cashman can get Scott on the next flight to Atlanta.

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, at least I agree with you on one thing. Torre is a total assclown. I wanted him fired two years ago, and I still feel the same way. To think, we could have had Joe Girardi coaching this team right now. :mad: