WR's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Aug 11, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets could keep 4 QBs and 7 WRs, so yes, they could keep 3 QBs and 7 WRs. 1 TE isn't realistic, however. I don't think they'll keep less than 2. My choices are Amaro and Bostic.

boozer32 and GreenWhiteandGold like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Mac was talking up Anderson on Tank Francesa's visit to camp....Likes him

3. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Robinson? You mean Robby Anderson, right?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Starting to think Thompkins won't make this roster. He's just not good nor flexible enough. He maybe someone that's available if someone gets hurt down the road for the Jets honestly...and he's making a pretty penny.

Decker, Marshall, Enumwa, Ross, Peake, Anderson

There's no need necessarily for the slot, Decker is that guy for all intents and purposes...Peake, Anderson can line up outside. A guy like Ross and Enumwa can lineup in slot with QE being that Hback, blocking type guy. I think Jalin may make it with one less TE...

Walt White likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Yes, evidently I combined his first and last name. LOL. Thanks.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

All of the tightends are garbage. There is absolutely no reason to keep anymore than two of these scrubs on the roster. If they keep 3 and/or Bohanon in place of keeping Anderson/Peake//J. Marshall I'm going to be furious. This is the first time in a long long time we have any sort of youth infusion at the receiver spot and the cherry on top is that none of them will be heavily relied upon to be the man like a young and underwhelmingly small Jeremy Kerley in 2012.

Luckily I've began to trust this regime. Hopefully they don't fuck this up. Keeping and developing those young guys even into a couple of #2's and a solid 3 opens up our entire offseason to go full blast on the offensive line and slip a young talented longer term running back into the equation, and then maybe a corner deeper into the draft. The defense is set and if we can walk away from this year with a future at wide receiver, well then boys, the future is setup pretty damn nicely.

Good to see Petty developing a rapport with these guys too. The quarterback-wide receiver combination and how comfortable they are with each other is incredibly underrated. Just think about the disaster we had in 2011 when we tried to pair two old unfamiliar vets (Plax, Mason for Braylon, Cotchery & Brad Smith) with our young quarterback that FINALLYJUST decided to look comfortable in the playoffs the previous year with that corps.

#146 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sudfeld has made plays for us from time to time. He just had a really nice TD grab in the last pre season game too. I'm not sold on bostick, but I'd be fine with it as long as kellen davis is gone.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Yes, Sudfeld has made some plays, but he's dropped a number of passes too. He was on IR last season and has missed some time this TC. He's not really a TE, but yet another H-back type. They already have two of those in Enunwa and Amaro. I think that they need to keep at least one traditional TE. That would have to be either Davis or Bostic. Since Davis can't catch a cold, and has problems holding onto the ball even when he does, and is older, I'd rather give Bostic a shot.

9. GasedAndConfused

I wouldn't mind bostic over sudfeld, but our offense really fits the hback type. having 2 of them at TE is probably overall better for us

10. NCJetsfan

Right, we have two - Amaro and Enunwa. We don't need 3 of that type. There are definitely times when a traditional, in-line TE would give the team a different look, and opposing Ds something else to have to account for. Also, with the right side of the OL being "iffy" at best, the Jets could really use someone who can really block at the TE position who will be on the LOS.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

No eneunwa is a WR and won't be considered in our TE decisions. He doesn't play as an hback either. he's just a large WR. That would be like saying brandon marshall counts.

12. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

This. Just because Enunwa had to last year because of no better options and the fact that he's a competent blocker for a wide receiver doesn't make him an H-back. He'd be better used stretching the field and winning one on one versus slower linebackers and weaker safeties.

13. Walt White

Enunwa was used in limited specific ways last year. He has to prove he can make all the WR catches to be used that way. If he can that's a huge plus

14. GasedAndConfused

He's still young. He's 24 didn't play as a rookie 6th rounder in 2014 and last year he played pretty good for us. took over kerley's role as the 3rd WR. Going into this year, he is our 3rd WR by far.

The good news is if some of these guys pan out, we have a really young group. enunwa, smith, j.marshall, peake, and anderson are all under 25 all cheap and all late picks or UDFAs (except smith who was a 2nd rounder)

15. NCJetsfan

He is mainly a WR, but believe he played as an H-back some last year, and Bowles and/or Gailey have said that he would/could play some H-back. Because of his size and blocking ability, he has the flexibility. Do you think if Amaro struggles with drops or gets hurt that they wouldn't use Enunwa in that role?

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Man. Well said.

I've mentioned countless times that as a longtime suffering fan I'm actually in awe of having two top notch veteran receivers in Marshall & Decker for all 5 of these youngsters to develop under, practice with, learn from and emulate themselves after.

I've always raved about our defensive potential over the years but this has a different feel to it regarding our receiving core. It's just a different. Competions amongst young, fast and athletic kids in Smith, Enunwa, Peake, Anderson & Jalin. Don't look now and believe it or not but there's something growing within the waters regarding the N.Y Jets receiving core.

Think about it dating back to 1998 with Keyshawn/Chrebet or later on with Moss/Chrebet, Coles/Chrebet etc we've always/usually lacked deep depth containing of both raw untapped potential and ability behind our 1's & 2's.

An old school football saying goes "man down, man up". We're currently witnessing this throwback saying ex: Devin Smith goes down followed by Enunwa stepping up while emerging in front of a handful of youngster receivers within the mist of a heated battle.

Re-birth this exact thread a good 2-3 years from today (possibly as soon as 2016) and we could very well be talking up the likes of Petty/Hackenberg as QB's in great position to enjoy success due to these current WR's being coached up come the near future. God forbid we draft a 1st round WR over the next two years along with a 1st round RB over the same time span and we're looking at an offensive full of nothing but youth, athletsim and explosion at playmaking positions surrounding a hopeful Franchise QB.

GasedAndConfused and nycarl like this.
  17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

18. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Gotta say, having a deep receiving corp is SOOO important in today's NFL so really have to give Mikey Macc a lot of credit with this.

Just seems like for the first time in a long time this team has incredible depth, and that speaks to the GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Last year when we were getting used to Chan Gaily and the type of players his likes, we learned he LOVES big, tall, strong, fast WRS who can get off the line and fight/win jump balls. Chan also loves his big WR to block down field on every other play. That's important to Chan.

That being said, we know Enunwa fits the mold perfectly. He needed work on his hands, and he's doing it.He stays.

That leaves 2 guys. We need a punt/KO guy, so one of Ross or Marshal is #5.

So who's the big, tall, fast, good blocking, good hands WR left to chose from for #6?

Robbie Anderson? He has the hands and height 6-3, but he weighs about 75 pounds fully padded up. Love his last game but just can't see him getting off the LOS cleanly or god forbid trying to block out a DB/Safety weighing in at 220 downfield on screens and running plays.

Charone Peake? He's a big strong boy, good hands, tall, but doesn't seem to dominate physically. When you watch Brandon Marshall block down field he's like a rabid Moose Elk in heat, locking his guy up and just driving him down field 10 yards. Need to see more of Peake on run plays.

Anyway, We'll keep 6, with 2 new guys. One a KO guy, and the other Chan's big tall fast strong blocker type.

20. Walt White

I don't know how Robbie Anderson doesn't make the cut.

Who will be the odd man out between Peake, J. Marshall, and Ross?