Would you be happy to sign Seymour in 2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's partly right about building through the draft. We have drafted Revis, Brick, Mangold, Sanchez, Keller, Washington, and Harris. All of them will make a big impact on the team this season.

Part of the reason we went after so many free agents and trades was the switch to the 3-4. Another part of it was that Bradway left the team lacking any type of depth, youth, and very thin on talent. The teams like Steelers retool, but we needed a complete rebuild after the '05 season.

Would I go after Seymour? Hell yes I would, but not at the expense of signing some of our young guys to long term deals. Guys Like Mangold, Brick, and Washington need new deals soon. We are fast approaching the crossraods were we are going to have to spend on our own guys and not another teams.

2. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I would love to have Seymour, I think he is a terrific football player, one fo the reasons NE has been dominant, I think that he is a guy that would have been good anywhere.

I also notice that NE does a good job of getting rid of their old guys, but finding old guys with gas still in the tank from other teams who think they are done, maybe there is a different shelf life for many NE players and it has more to do with there time in NE than whethere they are still players. Belichek is dominant leader so maybe when players feel comfortable and relax or open up there mouth too much they need to move on

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Hell yes, I would.

Wilfork to go along with as well, while we're at it!