Would u trade Vilma for a 2nd and 5th round pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Dec 13, 2006.

1. TheFakeSpike

TheFakeSpike New Member

somebody is smoking bad crack! If this guy was the GM I would do the trade before he sobered up! LMAO

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Are you fucked? Explain how that would make sense.....find me one NFL analyst from any network or radio station or magazine that personally believes or has reported anyone else's belief that this is a smart idea.

You must have no clue what football talent is man, honestly, this is a pathetic thread if you think you have knowledge of this game.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

As opposed to . . . good crack?

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

If i were the Jets GM i wouldnt trade Vilma unless i got blown away with an offer.

5. Bardojetsfan

Bardojetsfan Member

yeah, Lets trade Vilma to the Dolphins, Rhodes to the Pats, and Coles to the Bills, is there any other way you want to screw us?

6. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

HELL NO!!! Vilma is here to stay in GREEN & WHITE.

7. daking231

daking231 Member

I would never take that offer..... its just bad.... multi 1st round picks is what I would want and even that might not be enough.... keeping Vilma would be best and thats what I would do.

8. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Nope, no chance.

He's not been good this year, but he is too good to give up after one year. Even though our defensive line has played better of late, we are still undersized. I want to see what he can do behind more of a real 3-4 line.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

And a 1st round pick doesn't even guarantee anything and then their would be a void at MLB, and don't tell me some rookie will fit in just fine.

Has he faltered in the 3-4? Yes, that is no secret. But to trade him? Come on..

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

.......what?

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Idiotic thread...

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This started my day off with a chuckle. So thanks for that. What other team would even give us a #2 for JV? I have to say again you are way, way over estimating JV abilities. The time to trade & get something for him was before this season started as at that time he had some value now he has zero value

#52 championjets69, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  13. baamf

baamf Active Member

I don't believe he has shown he is one of the best LBs in the league. I've posted the stats here a few times supporting my belief. Even when he was getting all of those tackles in the 4-3 most of them were down the field. In other words he is really fast and can chase down busted plays from behind. In the 4-3 he is a good MLB who may blossom into something more, in the 3-4 he may become serviceable with the right people in front of him, but he will not be a superstar. If you can get good value for him (1st, plus) the front office would have to seriously consider it. If they didn't, they are not doing their jobs....

14. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

Actually moving Hobson to ILB has been suggested by other Football pundits. It isn't out of the question. At 6'0 250 lbs he is not the prototypical OLB. He is built like Bruschi, Farrior and other ILB's. You think Hobson is a dominant OLB? I think you are in the minority. He has been solid but as a stop gap. We need either Lamarr Woodley, Anthony Spencer to fill that void.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

VJ Is a first rounder all day long ,if thats the way the team wants to go. We are talking about a player who has even scratched the top of what he can do. He's a super star on another team that is better suited to use his skill's. Id still like to see him find a place within our team but I think he would seek to be traded if his production were further hampered by our defensive alignment ,or if he became a situational player.

16. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

:rofl:

Lets try not to trade the players we really need.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I hate to see players traded when they really want to be on the team,but I guesse this is all talk until it actually happens . Who knows, vilma can go on a tear for the next three games and cemment his place.

18. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Another undersized first rounder that seemingly couldn't play very well in a 3-4 defense is doing pretty well in it after leaving the Jets...James Farrior. Making quick moves on good talent is a bad idea.

19. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

No, No and 1000 times...NO!!!!

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

actually they switched back to the 4-3. and they have two NT's playing DT in that system. so its ideal for lewis.