Would 4-12 with Clemens be a disaster or first step?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

And Kyle Orton, although sloppy, won games with Chicago last year.

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Well Big Ben wasn't the 3rd string QB either in his rookie season, and he was also a first round pick.

3. Brady IS Overrated

Brady IS Overrated New Member

That would mean that the JETS would be in a position to get Adrian Peterson, and Clemens and the O-line as a unit would have a season of experience, meaning that going into year two they might be in a position to make a playoff run. Wouldn't be too terrible, but then again you never wanna see a team do that bad.

4. chef

chef Banned

i wud say give him half a year off, if penn godd is on 3000yds and 30tds at mid-season then keep him going, but if hes not, which is estrely lickey then in gos Celmens

5. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

4-12 no matter who is running the show is a disaster.

#85 Blitz4Life, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005
  6. njjet

njjet Member

This training camp should be the Ramsey & Bollinger show. :mad:

CP has been a warrior for the team. He gave the ultimate and was injured twice. We owe him. Put Chad on IR and give him time to completely recover from his injuries. :up:

I personally would like to see Bollinger get the nod. He's a mobile QB and I think that gives us the best chance with a young OL.

Just think of the possibilities, if either Ramsey or Bollinger proved to be a legitimate starter and CP came back totally recovered.:jets:

7. parafly

parafly New Member

I think that Chad is as "recovered" as he's ever going to be. He will most likely start the season, but how long he lasts is anyone's guess.

I agree with you about Bollinger though. He gets no respect, but he clearly showed maturation with each start he had last season. It's very tough for a QB to do anything in this league without a running game and pass protection from the OL. We should be better in both of those areas this season.

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Bollinger will be cut

9. parafly

parafly New Member

I think that we will go into the season with 4 QB's.

#89 parafly, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005
  10. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Given the precarious nature of the starting QB's health, and the fact another is a rookie, I agree that's likely. In fact, it's probably necessary. As a Bolly booster, I was initially skeptical of bringing Ramsey in. I don't think Ramsey brings much to the table for us, whereas I saw Bollinger in his last few games demonstrate real ability and drive.

But Ramsey has played a full season as an NFL starter. He's an insurance policy of sorts at the Jets' most important position (the insurance he brings not being a winning season, just a non-catastrophic one.)

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It would be nice to keep 4 Qb's but unfortunately Bollinger will be the odd man out. He will be Cut. He deserves better considering what he had to work with last year but that is the nature of the game.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well, I think it's safe to say that either Chad or Bollinger will be cut. Which of those guys goes is still likely a matter of debate in the Jet's front office.

Chad's injuries were a major factor in the failure of the last regime. There were other factors also, but a QB who cannot stay on the field kills a team.