Worst part of Brady's injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I feel the same way. I know it sounds crazy, but I'd rather be facing Brady this weekend and beat them with him under center. I really thought we had a shot at doing that.

Now we'll never know and if we win, the Pats fans will have their out. This is a HUGE game though, so a win will be a win if we can pull it off.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Have you seen the age of that D you have up in NE? The Pats being built for the long haul is pretty funny, they are getting old and fast at most key positions and now they have to deal with the first serious injury to your best player. Face it, it is over for the Pats, the sooner you deal with that reality the easier it will be.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The reality is that we have a solid young core that will be around for many years and 2 young QB's being groomed who both look better than Cassell so far. We're $2 million under the cap right now and have 8 2009 draft picks after the Favre trade. We have additional conditional picks (between 2nd and 5th rounds) coming in 2009 for the Kendall, Vilma, and Robertson trades.

Other than Favre, the rest of our FA pickups should be around for at least 3 years barring injury.

I don't know what our cap situation looks like for the next few years but I highly doubt our accountant for a GM would put us in cap hell. If you have evidence to show otherwise, please share.

Enjoy your bloodied up QB this Sunday.

#163 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

It will be most shameful & embrassing to lose Sunday to Cassel. We have the personnal now to confuse any QB. Besides our front 3 we have Barton/Pace/Harris & Thomas + "Godlike" Gholston to presure & confuse Cassel from all sides of the field. This game should be a romp like our side putting up 28 or 35 & there side getting max 10

5. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

not for nothing but Jack Nicholson is another Jersey boy (Neptune, NJ --- jersey shore)

Not a New Yorker.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Whoa. That's a little optimistic, especially for you. Jets just beat the worst team in football last year by the stain in their shorts. Pats are still the team to beat.

7. Grogan

Grogan Banned

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You guys just barely got by a 1-15 team and your talking like your going some place or building something. :rofl: It's been noted many times, the only bigger joke in the NFL other than the Jets, are Jet fans. :rofl:

8. WhiteShoeWillis

Last I checked everyone was 0-0 last week. How did the Patriots do against the mighty Chiefs by the way?

9. Section 227. Row 5

Your keystrokes to God's ears.

I think we can get good pressure on them as well. We were pretty stout against the run on Sunday too, so that has me optimistic. Still, Cassel put on a pretty good show and there is still Moss and that damned Welker to deal with. Barton or Harris need to lay a lick on Welker that sends him into another planet.

Offensively, we HAVE TO run the ball a tad better for a few more YPC. This is where there's going to be a true test of our O-line. If we can control this game from the LOS, we'll win, it's that simple.

10. Dierking

Not counting Patri*ts fans who can't tear themselves from other teams message boards.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Show up here Monday morning dude, if you've got the gonads. Then we'll see who's the joke.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

I guarantee you this clown doesn't show up after we beat the Pats on Sunday. There are some good pats fans on here, but this guy is clearly just a bandwagon troll. He'll be rooting for the Cowboys by seasons end.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'll take that bet. He has signed photos of the Babe when he pitched for the Sox's. Guys older than dirt.

14. Dierking

Okay, the guy's clearly a pr*ck, but I don't know why your dancing all over the Pat's grave because of it. An 18 win team is probably in the best position to absorb this loss. They still have more talent than the Jets across the board.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Question in boston is the r in rofl silent?

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I hope you are right but am concerned about the mistakes that the Jets were making on both sides of the ball. The kicking game part of special teams probaby is 32 in the league right now. Favre is still learning the O. And the CS is still learning it has a top Qb for a change behind center.

Still, I am hopeful the Jets kill them.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The key will be confusing Cassel. The more confused he gets the more mistakes he will make. I remember the game in Miami when Belly yanked TB for Cassel & the blowholes ran a double stunt Cassel threw a lollypop INT & Belly yanked Cassels for TB again. I am no longer concerned about the OLine being good enough to keep BF alive which is exactly what Woody payed all that money for. Pressure with different looks on almost every play will be the deciding factor. Give any QB starter or backup 10 seconds to chuck the ball & they will find somebody at the other end

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think the worst part of Brady's injury is that it signals that he will always be reminded in the future that he was injured. Will he be as mobile in the pocket? Probably not. Will he be able to run like he used to? Doubtful. Did it effect his arm? Unlikely, but some of his tools were taken away on Sunday and they probably won't return.

The fact that he was injured once at the ACL could always mean that it would have an easier time happening again. Not that I wish injury because I don't. I am just stating the facts. Look at how many times Joe Namath reinjured the same knees.

When Brady enters training camp next year he will be nearly a year removed from playing professional football. It could take him awhile to shake the cobwebs off. I know he will try to do his best, but there will be a heck of a lot to overcome.

I think Sunday's injury started the downturn of Brady's career. I am not saying that he will not be able to win when he comes back or even win a playoff game, but I do not think he will be getting back to the Super Bowl and I do not think he will be as seemingly invincable as he once was.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

IMDB has his place of birth as Manhattan. He may have been born in the city, raised in neptune... fair enough - but i'll take the birthplace. :up:

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Didn't get past this...

I'm a sucker for free ice cream...