Woody Johnson our Owner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BURN in HELL WOODY, Aug 17, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They didn't let the Ol fall off, they addressed it and selected many in the draft and signed FAs. They lost their C and LT early on, that hurt. I wouldn't say Mawae and martin went off the cliff, both had injury issues. Maybe it was related to age but going off the cliff is a healthy player still playing but not being able to produce and those guys had serious injury issues.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Mawae was beat like a drum before he was hurt and Martin couldn't get out of his own way before he was hurt. Bradway had named Jones the starter before he every got into a game and Fabini was done at the end of 04 when he's back went. They let all the good young OL men who were drafted get to their walk years and walk. That's why we drafted 2 of them with day one picks this year when we have a desperate needs for skill players and we were in a position in this draft to take them but we couldn't.

3. nyjunc

TB did a good job w/ the OL, he fleeced Houston giving them Ryan Young in the expansion draft then having Mckenzie to take over, he let Thomas go when he was overpaid then a year later we got a player nearly as good for much cheaper in Pete Kendall then we let McKenzie go when the Giants overpaid him and he was mediocre at best for them last year. Jones was our best Ol last year, Cavka was also supposed to play but he got hurt, TB also brought in Brandon Moore. We took 2 Ol in the 1st round to build around a nice mix of vets and young players on the OL. LT's w/ D'Brick's upside don't come along too often and after letting Mawae go they had a chance to get a big time C prospect. We could have kept Mawae and started Jones and still asigned Clement and had a decent line but it's a new regime and they wanted to start over on the OL.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Junc you and I are proof positive that any argument can cut both ways. I always disagree with you but I love the fact that your back and don't back down an inch.

5. nyjunc

Thanks, I like arguing w/ you as well. It never gets personal, it's just an exchange of opinions.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I remember last time BIHW & I posted together you informed the group that the posts came from 2 different IP addresses in Florida. I did not say you were one of the accusers all I was asking for is your detective work as to where the 2 posts had originated from since from the 1st post you had the ability to trace them it seems

7. championjets69

Well 1st Woody did not have to go with BP recommendation. Did he? If you find making the POs as quite acceptable then IMHO you have to relook at your priorities for FB teams. Now Cing what B/way & Herm have left us so IYHO was it worth the 5 years they were here?

8. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

You need the hit these people with the 2 x 4 of truth....

Speak on it BIHW...

9. 2x4 of TRUTH

2x4 of TRUTH Banned

You rang?.....

BIHW is 110% Right.

THIS TEAM WILL NEVER WIN A SB WITH WOODY AS THEIR OWNER!!!!!

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Holy crap! 2X4 of Truth! Ask and you shall receive. :rofl:

11. championjets69

Where is that guy that had the chainsaw moniker

12. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

IP addresses mean less than nothing. I could use my office computer, my home PC, or my laptop. All I have to do is use different names on the different computers. Still me but with different IP addresses

Also there are sites and programs, where you can get different IP addresses and mask your computer. They are not necessarily legal, but that is not the point.

13. nyjunc

Is Champ trying to say he wasn't BIHW? We all know it was, he had PM's me using one of the names then in a thread he brought up the PM using the other name. How could he have done that if it wasn't the same person?

14. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Keep it up junc, no penny stocks for you!!!

15. championjets69

Another one fabricating stories. Typical MISINFORMATION from you no different then what you have provided this board for the last 5 years

16. championjets69

I was thinking more of STATES like Texas & NY you know or ILL & FL.

17. nyjunc

So you are saying you didn't PM me telling me I was correct about the day Namath's jersey was retired?

18. championjets69

What does that have to do with BIHW? If you have such evidence & because you detest me so why have you not provided it to Tony who would then take action against me faster then you can say BIHW?

19. nyjunc

I don't detest you, I actually like you. You annoy at times but overall i like you. I am just stating facts, obviously the board went down numerous times so I don't have the info but are you denying you sent me a PM telling me I was correct about the Namath retirement ceremony?

20. championjets69

No that I am NOT denying about JWN uni retirement as I seem to recall such a exchange. I think I even thanked you for putting me on the straight & narrow about it