Woody Johnson is preparing to hire former GM Charley Casserly as a consultant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Dec 22, 2014.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's the John Idzik and Mike Tannenbaum roadmap to becoming Jets GM. They should collaborate on a book "How to become Jets GM for Dummies" :D

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

" YA SEEEEEE"

3. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

they all go, gm and coaching staff with the scouts. Get a fresh new start, the coach was set up for failure by the gm'spoor cheap a$$ moves. But that being said to keep throwing geno out there is trolling the gm and the fans. everyone goes

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Just finished the CPA part. You think I should go all the way?

5. BrowningNagle

No thanks.. no Franciscan General Managers allowed haha

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Don't worry im not a friar.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

First of all, does this Norv Turner chatter have any basis in reality? If Idzik is fired, isn't the new GM, presumably, going to conduct his own search?

As for your analysis, I get what you're saying about Norv, and you make good points, but don't you think we need to make a positive public relations move here? If Norv is hired, we'll get killed in the press.

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

From some reports it is Idzik who told Rex to play Geno.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Convinced we beat New England and Minnesota if Vick were starting. That's 5-11, a bad record but not embarrassing. If Vick started the year we would probably have won 6-7 games on a brutal schedule. I dislike Vick, but Geno is what cost Rex and probably Idzik their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Dominican, right?

Edit: NVM its Franciscan, I should know, I went there lol

11. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Which Vick are you talking about? The Vick who was essentially told he wouldn't be needed this year and and gave this season a half-assed effort? Or a hypothetical Vick who would be legitimately competing for a job in training camp and presumably won the starting job based on merit?

12. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

this is what Geno says-loyalty what's that?
    football.realgm.com/wiretap/34115/Geno-Smith-Believes-Jets-Coaching-Change-Could-Be-Good

13. Geno007

I don't disagree at all . I wanted Vick to start also,but it was Idzik idea to give Geno 75% of the snaps in TC. I'm a Geno fan and giving up on a player after 2 season is dumb since he had showed flashes. Look at his last game he out played Brady yes he threw that int at a dumb ass time but Brady threw one in a worse time. Now with that said if I really thought Geno was shit I would be the first to say. I'm a Jet fan first and Geno fan second.

14. Geno007

Plus if you look at Geno play since he returned from being benched he not played that bad. Now he still does turn the ball over but most young QB do.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Geno might be the dumbest person in the league. Surprised this guy doesn't wander into the opposing locker room before games.

legler82 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that Turner's name has come up, and imo he's doing a good job with the Vikes as OC. Can't speak to the optics of such a move. I'm not even saying it would be a good move, not if someone better is available. He's just not a "3 time failure" as too many think.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Smith shows no improvement in too many facets of the game. His situational awareness is lacking. You don't take a sack to take your kicker out of FG range, and Ryan was right there was no excuse for that. His interception was a stupid pass he should not have attempted.

Add in his ineptitude in the red zone, which has been a continuing problem, and he does not bring enough to the team to retain him. Time to move on.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not against cleaning house so I can't say I'm against this but not particulartly enamored with Casserly either. People mad that Woody isn't making the decision are out to lunch though, I'd rather he consult with a psychic and base decisions on that over making his own decisions.

19. BrowningNagle

nah. I wanna see what he can do with a better coach than Rex. Call me crazy if you want. The situational awareness stuff is a problem but that's been a problem with every QB under Rex so maybe someone good can coach him up.

Plus he's cheap and under contract. They should look for a new starter absolutely.. but I would retain him and I wouldn't necessarily say he'll never turn out to be anything. Who knows what the future may hold.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Smith is worth holding because of his cheap contract. He does have some good physical qualities if he can learn some things from the bench for a couple years.