Woody Johnson is preparing to hire former GM Charley Casserly as a consultant

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

What will the FO Homers do if Idzik is fired?

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

They'll root for the new GM to succeed because they're fans of the team.

What kind of question is this?

The 1985er, Jets69, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're a pussy who has blocked me and won't see this, but we're probably going to go on with our days and not fret about it because no one takes the internet as seriously as you do and we don't care what some jackoff on a message board thinks of our opinions.

Oh and we'll probably just continue to cheer for the team and formulate opinions based on what we see.

jonnyd and Jets69 like this.
  4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The question is how will they feel if the guy they've been saying is doing such a great job gets fired.

Btw, fans of the team want a 3-12 team to do much better. Real fans do not accept mediocrity.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think Rex will be back. I think we will be looking at an entirely clean house with Casserly helping put the pieces back together. He can think Rex is a good coach and still recommend Woody to move on... His quotes on Rex though don't bode well for Idzik provided Woody actually takes his advice.

I will say this.. I hope this is not the case. because I want to move on from Rex.. but if Woody loves him (and he does) and he hired a consultant who likes him (and judging by his quotes - he does) than it's not out of the realm of possibility they keep him. Even as unprecedented as it would be to keep a coach to his 3rd GM and 4th offensive coordinator (MM is gone no matter what). It's crazy I know and I want a clean slate myself but I could see Woody doing it.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would imagine they would be pissed their guy got fired, but they would then root for the new GM because they want the team to succeed.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jonny, I see what you see, I just think based on Woodys man crush on Rex and his comments earlier this month about how rex is a good teacher and coach, he is trying to figure out how to keep him while deflecting blame.

Sorry to be so cynical, I just think if Woody has not fired him yet, it's going to take a lot to get him to that point.

JMO

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

In the ludicrous scenario in which Rex stays then you HAVE to keep Idzik too

9. jonnyd

I would put the odds of both getting fired at 80%...........Rex fired-Idzik stays at like 50/50.....Idzik fired-Rex stays 1%

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is going to be very hard for Blocker to accept. He needs to be in fights, he can't just settle on logical outcomes like this.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not at all! why? they've proven to be a failure as a pair.

You can't keep Rex at all and keep Idzik. Any chance Rex has at keeping his job involves the decision makers deciding Idzik was the one terrible at his job and putting Rex in a tough spot

12. jonnyd

Rex has been a buffoon for 4 years......he has to go

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am so jaded now that I don't believe anybody knows what they are doing in football. The only person I believe knows anything about sports administration is Pat Gillick. And he's I baseball and retired. Hire him before he dies.

14. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

i'd really hate for this to happen! if casserly advises to keep rex it would be the worst non change ever! rex deserves to go before idzik. rex has made the same mistakes over and over again for years now. if woody keeps him and i start seeing early timeouts, 12 men penalties etc. next season, i don't think my tv will survive it!!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I guess we all need to wait. I can be on board with Casserly if that means Idzik and Rex are removed. If one or both of them are staying and Casserly is just added to the mix, we will be an even bigger laughingstock than usual.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

A sure sign that Idzik is a goner.
    Why would Woody bring in a former GM for guidance if he believed in the GM he already had?

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

It says if Idzik is gone hell he hired.
    Well it's not Madden. Nobody has ratings but people are being hired based upon something that isn't quantifiable.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why does this idiot Woody need to hire someone to look for employees?what is wrong with this fucking guy.Call Rodger Goodell I'm sure he has a list available of top candidates you dick head.He makes it look like trying to figure out rocket science the way he approaches hiring new people

19. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Definitely a sign Idzik will go. One of the only reasons he would get a pass is because he didn't get to pick his coach. If you don't trust him to do that then call him what he is a capologist and either keep him in that role or can him.

I don't like that Casserly wasn't able to build a winner as gm of Houston but as others have stated at least he's a football guy.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I always took Charlie seriously on NFL on CBS today show, instead of that guy who has a wandering eye.