Woody is pissed... look out!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Old as fuck" indicates you're probably a young guy with all the answers but an underwriting site gives a lifespan of another 17 years for Mr. Johnson when populated with known information about him and estimating his height and weight as 6 feet tall and 180 pounds. Also estimated was alcohol use at 2-7 drinks a week and that he has never been a smoker and exercises 1 - 2 times per week and that he is not diabetic.

I doubt that his heirs will need to cash out to pay their rent so I wouldn't make even any short term plans for the team to be sold any time soon.

2. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Ok so I guess to the incompetent coaching and the quarterback bust carousel we keep going, when it stops nobody knows.

3. Ralebird

I am not one of the people here who believes that Woody Johnson (or his brother Chris) has any interest in running the football operations; I do not believe he was instrumental in Wilson being drafted nor do I believe he selected Robert Saleh to be the head coach. Your guess about the future is yours to make, I just hope that "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" finally turns out to be true.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes Woody is 75, that’s very encouraging. I think the average life expectancy in the US is 77. Maybe our favorite team will have a good owner someday

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yay! Let's be happy at the prospect of someone dying!

WTF is wrong with people. Seriously.

Nyjets4eva and Hemi like this.
  6. george sakell

Hmm major coincidence, Bill Parcells leaves 1999, Woody buys the team in 2000 and the Jets have not had 1 competent coach ever since.

7. bicketybam

How many years did was Hess 100% majority owner and how many "competent" coaches did he have?

8. george sakell

Atleast 1 more than Woody, Woody is 0/7. Are you seriously defending a owner when we haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years and have the longest drought out of every single team? Let me know when Woody hires a coach of Bill Parcells caliber than you got a point.

9. Ralebird

Or for 25 years before.

10. bicketybam

Hess was close to death and had owned the team for fucking ever before he hired Parcells.

He moved them out of Shea and into NY's favorite team's stadium. He didn't hire a football man until the fucking 90's. And for all that, he got us to one championship game as sole owner. Woody got us to two so far.

I'm not saying Woody is a good owner but he's HOF compared to Hess. You are probably too young to remember.

11. george sakell

Woody is close to death to and still has not hired one competent coach, What makes Woody Hof compared to Hess? Your comparing its like comparing Zack to Jamarcus Russell why bother?

12. bicketybam

Leon Hess was 83 when he hired Parcells. Johnson is currently 75. He also hired a coach that took us to back to back AFC Championships. Learn some Jets history.

13. george sakell

Jets have the longest playoff drought in the league and have not sniffed the playoffs in 12 years. Jets also won a super bowl under Leon Hess. Learn some jet history.

14. bicketybam

He wasn't the sole owner then. Honestly, how old are you? 16?

15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

New York is not as appealing as some want to think. I keep saying this. Doesn't matter who the owner is. We have to build a great team through the draft and get whatever pieces through free agency we can get.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

What's the life expectancy for someone born with a silver spoon in their mouth, who has never had to work a day in their life and can afford the very best best health care?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You're being generous.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Was really hoping that whole thing where Woody was racist and sexist while partying with the reality tv star woulda gotten him pushed out.

Where is the cancel culture media when we need them

19. Ralebird

"Woody is close to death?" What do you know that nobody else does? He may be 75 but that's no death sentence today, I already told you his profile would have him live to 92, he appears to be in good health and he's only four years older than Pete Carroll - does he look like he's knocking at death's door?

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I will never go as far as wishing someone will die even if it means bettering the franchise. I didn't realize Woody was only four years older the Carroll, and yes I agree 75 is not really to bad in todays life span.