Woody is pissed... look out!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Vaynerchuck

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Look at the Giants..it hurts but get rid of GM and Coach at some point

Do you trust JD ???? I don't anymore >>no OL no QB sh*tty choice for HC...all FIREABLE mistakes

Give s Payton or anyone experienced to have TOTAL control

Only answer imo:/

3. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

I would love to stick Woody’s ratty Jets cap right up his a-gap!

Brook!, Since1969 and Cman68 like this.
  4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson- inherited a bunch of money because Grandpa did something impressive. Only thing he’s done for himself in his whole life is becoming an NFL owner, and he sucks at that

Brook!, Since1969 and bmfc1 like this.
  5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

But he is piling up even more money by being an NFL owner, even if his team stinks!

stinkyB, ProfJets and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not being a Woody fan (and I despise his moronic brother Christopher), I see him as an Owner who has a very expensive HOBBY to point to as very little else has been made public. If you look at MLB, those owners are really pissed they allowed Cohen to buy the Mets. NFL Owners made no such mistake when they allowed a know-nothing billionaire to buy the Jets as he would present no threat whatsoever well into the future. Result: a franchise perpetually in turmoil and relegated to second class citizenship in its own market. With revenue sharing, Woody has a guaranteed revenue stream no matter if 60k people show up on Sundays or 6. No amount of boycotting will have any effect. His last big chance was the WSS and when that was blocked, he stubbornly turned his back on it and decided to live in the basement of his rival's stadium.

Until Woody sells or dies, the Jets will always be the SOJ's. 20 years in and nothing really has changed on that issue. New names, new faces, same old results..

7. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

What you talking about he is the former ambassador to the United Kingdom which i'm sure he bought to and got a wife like half his age which I'm sure he bought to.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

This franchise has made the playoffs 14 out of 63 seasons.
    Woody owned teams have made them 6 out of 22 at one point 6 out of 11.

This team has had its problems long before Woody.
    I do not personally care for the guy but I do not see him as the terrible meddling owner that he is made out to be.
    He has just made some terrible decisions on who he put in charge.

9. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Does anyone on this forum talk to Woody Johnson? Does anyone know someone who talks to Woody? Does anyone know any former Jets players who would have Woody’s ear? Do you know a friend of a friend who may know Woody?

if there is someone out there, please have that person talk to Woody and tell him to call Sean Payton. Offer him anything he wants including the timeout Saleh still has in his pocket and any receipts that may be worth something. Give the man whatever he wants. If Sean says no, so be it. He has to call the man and explore the opportunity. In my opinion, that is the right thing to do for the Jets and Jet fans. I am sure that any of the quarterback names that have recently been talked about (and that guy from Tampa Bay), would gladly play for Sean.

Help!

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I have him on speed dial.

11. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Do it!

12. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

dead on take.
    It’s almost time to move on and find another team. Waiting for this team to be competitive and entertaining is a never ending quest. What do they give you for your money and time? Absolutely nothing but heartbreak and pain. He runs the team like the old Fred Wilpon Mets. He makes money no matter what. Winning is not important for this team to be successful. He will sell the team in 10 or 15 years and make 4 billion dollars.
    This franchise has made its followers and fans the butt of everyone’s jokes for years.
    On top of that our season tickets have gone up 30%. For what? A sub .500 season next year and a new 5 year rebuild led by a new regime that will be picked by himself. I’m sure that will be cheap unknown candidate.
    Might be 10 years before we complete for a playoff spot at this point. Thanks for nothing WJ

13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Woody is 75 years old, he's not selling the team in 10-15 years. If a sale comes at all, it will be in the next couple of years, though I expect his heirs to inherit this mess.

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

No point to this post, just venting, because like others, I'm just feeling a little depressed and mad after yet another typical shitty year routing for the same old Jets. Members of my family are Bengals fans, they have season tickets each year. I use to feel sorry for them when they sucked so bad too, but since they got Burrows I'm wishing I was a Bengals fan. Maybe since I live near Cincy now and will never be living back in NY, just maybe it is time to stop giving my heart and money to the Jets and start routing for another team with a better owner. I was two years old when the Jets last did something great so I have no memories of it, and I'm starting to doubt I will still be alive by time they ever get to another SB. Like I said just venting after another disappointing year. As an older Jets fan I really hate the Dolphins even more than the Patriots, but this game I'm not sure if I want to rout for the Jets or against them. Does it even matter anymore?

Jets1035 and Brook! like this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

we talk frequently... he's a good listener, not much of a talker though

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It seems pretty easy to be a NFL owner. Buy the team. Try to run it with heavy involvement by yourself for half a decade. If it doesn’t work, hire some great football people and let them do it for you.

You’re counting billy’s either way. When the teams relevant every year you can count 1.2 billy’s instead. Not sure why these fucks like Woody think their input makes the money greener.

It doesn’t really matter though. Only an idiot or someone with extreme skeletons in their closet being forced to sell, would sell a NFL franchise right now.

#36 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Cman68 likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons never cared about fans, only money. As long as fans keep financially propping them up, they'll never sell.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

As it's been said a couple of times here, it doesn't matter if fans support a team or not. Nfl teams are cash cows right now whether they succeed or not.

Jets1035 likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I see no indication the Johnson family cares about money. They have had it since they were born, they never run short and they can have whatever they want. I also see no indication the Johnsons care about the fans, or the team at all for that matter. If anyone has any solid information about exactly what Woody and Chris care about please give us a link.

For the guy above who suggests they can sell the team in 10 - 15 years and profit by four billion, you're way too late! They bought the team for $635 million and it is now worth $5.4 billion.

New York Jets franchise value 2022 | Statista

20. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

He's not selling the team but bright side is he is old as fuck and his next of kin will sell the team. Hopefully in the next 25 years the Jets get a competent owner.

BrowningNagle likes this.