Woodson DPOTY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 12, 2010.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Voters like the obvious. Does Revis have sacks? TDs? Forced fumbles?

If he doesn't show up on the stat sheet, where does he show up?

It's shitty thinking, but it's fairly common and they can always fall on "well Woodson was damn good himself."

It's horseshit though...this is as bad as Sanders stealing Ware's DPOY.

2. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

this is the most rationale post I have seen in this thread so far. I agree completely. Revis had an amazing year, but he did not have the stats that Woodson had to win defensive player of the year.

I'm not taking away anything from Revis, I personally feel he is the best db in the league, but his stats did not justify him being selected DPOY over Woodson. CASE CLOSED!:jets:

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Woodson's defense just gave up 200 points to the cardinals in the playoffs and he was scorched by Fitzgerald for 2 TD's and he still wins ?

HORSE SHIT!!!

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is absolutely dumb. Case closed.

If the guy is the best defensive back in the entire NFL and Woodson is a defensive back as well, doesn't it stand to reason Revis had a better season than Woodson????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    The award is not the player with the prettiest stats at the end of the year award. Holding Andre Johnson to 35 yards, where is the fucking stat for that?

Good god, Revis can do anything Woodson can do and do it better. He is not asked to blitz, he is asked to take arguably the most dynamic offensive player on the other team out of the game. He has done this arguably better than any CB has in the modern era. If that isn't DPOY then I truly have no fucking idea what you or the voters are smoking.

5. joesanerd

joesanerd New Member

Case back open?

6. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

who cares about the DPOY award

Seriously now....why should we care? We all know wat revis did and every1 knows he is better than woodson...but woodson had the stats so give it too him...we should be focusing on the game coming up and not the DPOY award. Worrying about a stupid award only hurts a team.....Rex should not care about that and worry about the game. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/16316/hey-rex-ryan-leave-us-alone this i wat he had to say....although i like the shit talking he does....he seemed to be more concerned about that than the next game.

7. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I dont. I think he'll win it a few times over his career barring injury.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Clearly this deserved its own thread. Didn't belong in the existing DPOTY thread. No, not at all. You're obviously special, and I love the soapbox.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jets FTW!! FTL!!

By the way, the author of that article is a cunt.

#169 abyzmul, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I care about Defensive POTY, in its rightful thread. Not here...

11. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

No problem! thought it deserved its own thread ya prick!

12. NYJets4EverOnTop

How does Rex making a few statements about the award show that he is more concerned about the DPOY award than the San Diego game? I love this out of him. I love that he at all times shows such confidence in his players and backs them up 100%. That creates team unity and makes all his players want to give 100% at all times for him.

13. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

well its the way he says it....normally u dont take shots at anyone unless your ticked off with them...and i think this is going to be on his mind

14. JetsLookingforDWare

Rotfl.

POTY. Someone needs to turn that into a sig.

#174 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 12, 2010
  15. ........

........ Trolls

No problem; we've seen it a million times. That generally is the case with the retards who think they're Rhodes scholars.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I don't think you quite understand the post. The idea is the award goes to whoever was a better overall defensive player (so it takes into consideration every stat the player compiles) and not just which player is the better defensive back (which would take into consideration only certain stats).

It really isn't that hard to understand; the voters went with the great shutdown corner that also compiles other significant defensive statistics over the amazing shutdown corner that hasn't compiled other significant defensive statistics.

And maybe Revis can blitz better than Woodson, but the fact of the matter is he didn't this year. On a thread full of people busy inventing new swear words to express their frustrations, you're overreacting.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I was responding to him, I didn't read your post. His argument was fucking stupid. Not only that he was saying," case closed" like his opinion is the be all end all, when it wasn't even compelling. In fact it completely contradicts itself.

But the fact remains a jack of all trades that didn't master any one particular area is not some dynamo that is the defensive player of the year. Woodson is not a "shutdown" corner. He got roasted many times by several different players. Revis? He was what honestly roasted what? 3-4 times all season? It was an all time great CB performance.

No shit Revis didn't blitz like Woodson. He didn't blitz at all. It is pretty common knowledge that Rex will not blitz him. Tell me who is the most sound tackler on this defense?

Woodson is used as a safety/CB. It's a hybrid role. You can't even compare the two in that regard (blitzing). Now did Woodson have a great year. Yes he did. Just not nearly as good as Revis.

That being said...........

Sorry , I must say..... You do not like my cursing? I curse in real life, I curse here, sue me. Ask anyone that has met me here..........

#177 Miamipuck, Jan 12, 2010
  18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Even if they looked at week 1 of the playoffs to decide the voting has been in before that game they just didnt announce it until today.

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I came here just to post this. It's great.
    Then I guess you didn't see the many posts that pointed out that Faneca doesn't deserve it and is only getting in on name recognition.

#179 BadgerOnLSD, Jan 12, 2010
  20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Revis was robbed, their is no if ands or but's about it. The man shut down every number 1 receiver he went up against and i think the most yards any one of them gained was less than 45 yards. The voters clearly dont care about what the players has actually done and only look at the stats. Screw em, Revis is my DPOTY