With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Measurables, age, performance for someone older than everyone else, projections at G almost unanimously earlier that he is a Guard. Now, can he become a good Tackle - that's a different question. Of course he can. But IMO the odds are considerably lower than quite a few other guys considered as 1st round talents, like Olu, Latham, etc... And since the selections are made based on odds, I would look elsewhere.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Minn is the only team I can see trading up but I see them trading into the top 6. Denver is also a possibility IF one of the QBs fall.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I see Denver as a strong possibility.

4. Ozymandias

Trading from 10 to 12 ain't so bad. You think that'll net us a second?

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe both Denver and the Raiders might try to leapfrog the Vikings for a QB. Also NO could be looking for a QB. Not sure if that would be worth a second, but if the right QB is there who knows

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It just feels like all 4 QBs will be gone before our pick. Harrison too. If so, who are the other 4 guys?

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Likely Alt is gone, Nabers as well since a lot of people think Nabers is actually better than Harrison. The other 2 is a crap shoot, Odunze, Fashanu, Bowers...

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think I'm with you atm Lon. Given our offseason tackle acquisitions I'm kind of feeling Alt or bust as far as drafting a tackle at #10. Get a high end offensive weapon and "go for it" this year and worry about a tackle next year.

Now if they Jets trade back or whatever then that could change quickly.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You would have to go back 20+ years to find a draft where a defensive player wasn't selected in the top 10 as well. Someone will fall in love with one of the corners or the pass rushers (atlanta or chicago hopefully). The best thing would be if the Chargers take Bowers, a corner or OL so there would be a real shot at Rome hitting 10.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Minnesota now has two first round picks…I think there’s a good chance they trade up for a QB but with two first rounders, I’m thinking they are going to look at a pick ahead of 10, depending on how the QBs fall, but they could be looking to move into the top three.

So I’m not sure teams are going to need to leapfrog Minnesota for a QB as I think they may be jumping way ahead of us.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It only would if 2-3 teams or more were competing for the #10 pick and for a QB. On the trade value chart, that's only a difference of 100 points, which is the last pick of the 3rd round.

12. NCJetsfan

I think Williams, Maye and Daniels will go in the top 5 as will Alt and Harrison, Jr. or Nabers, but perhaps Turner could supplant one of the QBs or Harrison. For the next 4 picks one will probably be Dallas Turner or Daniels, Cooper DeJean could be another, probably Odunze, maybe Fashanu, maybe McCarthy.

Who will Harbaugh take in SD? Will he take Alt or Harrison/Nabers? I hope one of Harrison/Nabers, but I'd love it if he took Bowers. Will the Giants take McCarthy, Turner or maybe Laiatu/Verse, Fashanu, Odunze, or even Alt if he is still there? If they take McCarthy then there will probably be no opportunity for us to trade down, but we could get Fashanu. Conversely, if they took Alt, then Tennessee would probably take Fashanu and McCarthy would be there at #10, unless Atlanta took him.

If Harbaugh takes Alt, we're sucking wind at LT because I feel pretty certain that Tennessee will take Fashanu. If he takes Harrison or Nabers, then there's a pretty good chance that Fashanu will be there for us at #10. Could we trade down to 12 and still get Fashanu?

13. NCJetsfan

Did they trade Jefferson? If so, who to? If not, how did they get a second 1st round pick?

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They traded two 2's(this year and next) and a 6 to Houston for the Texans 1st and 7th rounders.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Rome IMO seems to be great at contested catches, but does not appear to be a separator. Ran pretty slow on the combine. Whether he can be just as good on contested catches as Mike Williams is on NFL level remains to be seen. I personally like speedy receiver prospects who consistently get open in College. I would definitely take Rome over Bowers though, but at #10, if it's Rome or Olu, I am running to the podium for the later. Even JC Latham I would probably get over Rome.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rome is the only player ever to be a completely "green" prospect in Matt Harmons reception perception model. The success rate in his model shows how often they ran that X route correctly/got open. QB play doesn't change anything in his model. Chase, MHJR and Rome are his highest 3 ranked players from 2021 to 2024. Rome is going to be a stud and that's who I'm running to the podium for-- not Olu.

https://x.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/1772282839569969259?s=20

[​IMG]

Harmon warned everyone about Burks. He warned everyone about Toney. He gave Garrett Wilson an all-green chart except for one route and was right.

mattyd99, Pepsiguy5, Ptflea2 and 3 others like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Thanks! I would have thought that they had lost their minds if they had traded Jefferson.

18. NCJetsfan

I read an article a couple of days ago about Penix, and it credited the OC with scheming Odunze open which helped Penix and Odunze. Odunze wouldn't have that help from Hackett, so likely wouldn't have the same success with the Jets that he did at Washington. I'm with you, I'm taking Fashanu or trading down. I'd rather have Leggette or maybe Roman Wilson than Odunze. I was totally unimpressed with Odunze in the NCAA playoffs. Granted, that was only two games, but they were probably the two biggest games of his career, and it was time for him to show out, and imo he didn't really. Besides, we need the LT much more than we need a WR who is going to be the #3 option this year. The LT could wind up starting half the season, and be the starter next season.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

4.45 at 6’3, 212 is plenty fast

blackssmagic likes this.
  20. Ozymandias

Chargers have to get a playmaker. Lost Allen and Williams. They have nothing. I really hope Tennessee doesn't take Alt but I feel like it's destined for them to do so, even after taking Skoronski in the first last year. Maybe Odunze or Bowers to give them another toy. If that were to happen I think it's a good chance Alt makes it to 10, that is unless Bears take him.

Pepsiguy5 and NCJetsfan like this.