With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally and absolutely agree with you

Trainer likes this.
  2. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

First request: Can you guys not write a book. My old eyes aren't what they used to be :).
    I have said this several times, I have watched Bowers and he has some Kelce traits and Gronk traits. Gronk killed us for years, heck he killed every single team in the NFL. Does that mean I would take Bowers at 10. If its between the LT from Penn State whose name I can't spell. I am definitely taking Bowers.
    The kid that I have watched and fallen in love with is Xavier Leggett. The kid is an animal and he just ran a 4.39 Forty today.
    Granted, JD would have fixed the O line prior to the draft. Restructure contracts, cut dead weight, fire the water boy. I don't care but fix the O line prior to the draft.

LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree regarding Leggett. He will go early 2nd round, if not late 1st. Unfortunately, I don't see any way that the Jets can wind up with him.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

NC, after Harrison, Odunze, and Nabers who is the 4th best? Where is Leggett in this conversation

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I'm certainly no expert on WRs or any other position, but I'd say that Leggett may be around the 4th or 5th best in terms of potential in the NFL. I think Brian Thomas is probably the #4. Some would have Keon Coleman in the top 5-6, but if what I read about him dogging it the last half of the season after FSU's starting QB went down, then I wouldn't rank him in the top 10. *Adonai Mitchell should be in the top 10, as should Roman Wilson and Troy Franklin. I'm torn on Ladd McConkey. He has more speed than I thought, and is a good route runner. Personally, I don't like short WRs, but that doesn't matter. He may not be as effective in the NFL as in college, but then again, he could be equally effective. Jermaine Burton and Malachai Corley aren't far behind.

I'd love if the Jets could add one of Harrison, Odunze, Nabers, Thomas, or Leggett, but don't believe they have a chance at any of them unless they spend all their FA $s on OL, don't plan to draft one, and plan to draft a WR at #10 or following a trade down in the 1st. If that is their plan, I think it would be a big mistake.

*Edit: Granted it was only the 40 yard dash, but I won't be surprised if Coleman drops out of the 1st round after running a 4.61 40.

#645 NCJetsfan, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Big Boys are measuring in:

Taliese Fuaga 6056 324 10 1/8 hand 33 1/8 arm 80 5/8 wing
    Amarius Mims 6076 340 11 1/4 hand 36 1/8 arm 86 3/4 wing
    JC Latham 6052 342 11 hand 35 1/8 arm 84 3/8 wing
    Tyler Guyton 6076 322 10 1/4 hand 34 1/8 arm 82 1/4 wing
    Troy Fautanu 6036 317 9 1/2 hand 34 1/2 arm 81 1/2 wing
    Olu Fashanu 6060 312 8 1/2 hand 34 arm 82 5/8 wing
    Joe Alt 6085 321 10 hand 34 1/4 arm 82 3/4 wing

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That Mims has Hall of Fame arm length.

8. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Mims should be a prime target if the Jets trade down. Heck, depending upon how he works out today, he should even be considered at 10 because he reportedly has left tackle potential.

Jets OG fan likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Mims is built in a lab, that's for sure. Turned 21 in October. There is definitely potential there. I am quite certain he will do great in athletic testing as well.

Another guy who measured well is JC Latham. The weight is down to 342, long arms, huge wingspan, just turned 21 last month.

Fashanu came in a bit light, but he's got solid frame, and turned 21 in December. There is room to fill out, he might have massive potential at LT with relatively high floor.

Fuaga's frame and not super fast feet on tape to me scream guard. Short arms and wingspan. Not a candidate for #10 IMO, maybe as a trade down and even then we might need a true OT.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mims has 8 career starts, that’s it

JetFanInPA likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah but them arms

stinkyB likes this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

With this garbage coaching staff they need the most NFL-ready, self-developing prospect out there.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Also only 21, he is probably not a solid year 1 starter. He could develop into a star, but not likely for a year or two.

BrowningNagle and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yeah, but just for the picture, in 2022 he played behind two All-SEC tackles and saw the field in just about every game. Although, mostly when the game was in hand and UGA was rotating in reserves. His 2023 injury was a gut punch because I think the SEC Championship result would have been different.

Also, I’m not sure how this cuts, but it might also be worth considering who he practiced against in 2021 and 2022.

BrowningNagle and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Bowers at 10 would be a huge mistake.

Alt, Nabers or Brian Thomas is the pick. It has to be one of those 3.

After Alt there isn’t a top 10 worthy tackle and reaching makes zero sense when Nabers or Thomas could be on the board. I think we can land a OT and a G in the 3rd/4th that will be able to play

16. NCJetsfan

Slightly "reaching" makes total sense. What makes no sense imo is taking a WR at #10. The Jets HAVE to fix their OL not only for this season, but for the forseeable future. No WR we could draft or trade for would make any difference if Rodgers goes down with another season-ending injury or if he doesn't have time to get the ball to the WR. OT is the glaring need, and we need TWO of them. Drafting an OT in the 1st round would do a LOT more towards making this team stronger than adding a WR. There are very good WRs in just about every draft. That isn't even remotely true with OTs. Not drafting an OT in the 1st round would be criminal negiligence and totally a reason for firing JD.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Sign Tyron Smith or Jonah Williams
    Resign Huff
    Draft Alt, Bowers or Odunze at 10

OR

Sign Smith or Williams
    Trade for Justin Jefferson
    Resign Huff

OR

Sign Evans
    Draft Alt, Olu or Fauga

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree about drafting OL, what I do disagree with is the idea that we’re required to do that under the idea that it’s what helps us most immediately. One OT in the draft looks ready to step in for a team and not be a liability, Joe Alt, and we’re not gonna get him at 10. The rest of the OT’s all have questions. Not that they’ll be busts, but just that they’ll likely take time before they’re truly trustworthy. The only reason I bring this up is because the mindset you have is setting the player up for failure. For example, I love Fashanu but he’s only 317 pounds and 21 years old. I think he could be our next “D’Brick” but I don’t think he’s gonna be ready day one, or at the least he will struggle as a starting rookie. To draft him with the idea that he’s going to be the stalwart piece to keep Rodgers upright is ludicrous. He’ll be the guy protecting the whatever QB we draft for our future. Expecting otherwise will have people thinking he’s a bust.

Ralebird and Kronoking like this.
  19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

After those top 3, there's not a ton of consensus. Most list Brian Thomas Jr. as 4, but I've seen Troy Franklin there too.

After the top 3, the next 4-5-6 players are pretty interchangeable and it depends on what you're looking for from your WR.

For instance on PFF's Big Board, Brian Thomas Jr. is their 4th WR prospect and is 21st on the Big Board. Xavier Legette is their 10th WR prospect but is only 42nd on the Big Board.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

New tackle prospect for the Jets at 10. Most analysts had Fautanu as the best lineman all year but questioned if he could play tackle in the nfl due to his size and arm length. We now see he has longer arms than Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, etc. I think it’s confirmed he’s now a tackle, will be a LT and probably who the jets should pick at 10.