With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think that Fuaga will transition inside. OGs are more plentiful than OTs in the NFL. While his arms are a little short, they're not that short (only around 1/2" below 34"), and even AVT and a few others have been quite successful playing OT in the NFL with shorter arms. Of course, you prefer longer arms, but based on what I've read and heard about him so far, he sounds like a great prospect at this point of predraft. I'll leave it up to those who are following prospects more closely and who have seen them play, but I'm impressed by what I've read and heard about him so far. There have only been around 4-5 WRs names whom I have seen constantly talked about and 3 OTs who are always mentioned as the top 3 OTs and they are Alt, Fashanu, and Fuaga. The kid from Alabama, Barton from Duke, Suamataia from BYU, Amarius Mims from UGA, and Guyton from Oklahoma have all been mentioned as a tier or two below those three. Unless one of the teams ahead of the Jets surprises and takes Fuaga or one of the other OTs before #10, I think Fuaga is most likely the OT the Jets will have a chance to take in round 1, and maybe at all, because with the scarcity of good OTs in the NFL I think every one the OTs I mentioned above will be gone by the end of round 2, and there could be a record set for the number of OTs taken in round 1. JD had better not fuck around and stick to his BPA nonsense and draft a player at another position at #10 unless he has signed Tyron Smith or Jonah Williams to play LT and another FA to play RT.

Jets79, ouchy and LAJet like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Welcome back NC…it’s been one hell of a disappointing year we just left behind. My perrenial optimism has dwindle to zero

mezzavo likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I'm curious. I haven't been keeping up with the draft prospects that much or Jets news, but I haven't seen anything that's projecting that the Jets "love" Fuaga. I'm curious where you have seen that. Is it just a matter of that's what fans think since everyone knows that the Jets must significantly upgrade the OL, particularly the OT positions, and Fuaga is thought to be the 3rd best prospect, or have there been articles by the draft experts saying that they've heard that the Jets love Fuaga?

Ralebird likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There was a one liner from Cimini where he states the Jets love Fuaga….and that has become a defecto poorly kept secret by JD etc etc. some presume Hogan was let go as he was the malcontent that leaked the news.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Thanks, LA, but my posting will probably be short-lived. I can't imagine anyone who has followed the Jets for any time at all being optimistic about the Jets at this point. I have lost all optimism and hope, and most likely will have none unless or until Woody sells the team. The man is a dumbass and his decisions are never good. I came back just to see what he mood was here, and learn more about the draft prospects. Even if JD has another 2022-level draft, I don't think I'll have any optimism. I don't even like Rodgers any more. I want JD, the CS (except Ulbrich and a few others) fired. But as long as Woody is choosing the new GM, nothing will change appreciably. Another incompetent GM will be hired and even if Woody allows him to hire the new HC, it will probably be yet another former DC who will try to win with D and running the ball. I've lost all interest in the NFL. I haven't watched one minute of an NFL game since I gave up on the Jets about midway through the season. I won't watch the SB unless I get invited to a SB party by one of my best friends and have to watch.

LAJet likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Thanks. That would be typical Jets. Then again, JD may be in love with some DT or CB and that could be a smokescreen. He may be content with bringing back Duane Brown, Becton, and rolling with those 2, Carter Warren and Mitchell.

That's also typical Cimini. If it's true, he doens't have to publish that little tidbit. He could help the team out as sportswriters/beatwriters used to do for the teams they covered, but I think he'd rather screw the Jets, watch then flounder and then be able to criticize and make fun of the Jets.

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Cimini did have a beat on Sauce to the Jets too before others I believe.

Also, Ulbrich sung Fuaga's praises, said he'd love to have him in NY:
    https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/02/01/ny-jets-taliese-fuaga-prospect-talks/

NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Cimini and Tony Pauline have both said that Douglas is in love with Fuaga.

9. NCJetsfan

OK, thanks! Unreal. The Jets just have to self-destruct. I guess they're afraid of success so they have to sabotage themselves then they can have an excuse why they failed (i.e., they couldn't get the players they needed in FA and the draft).

In the article at that link. The 33rd team says that they have Fuaga ranked as the 4th best OT prospect. Who do those clowns have rated ahead of him besides Alt and Fashanu? The only other player I have seen in a couple of mock drafts going earlier is Fautanu, and most of what I've read is that he's projected to be an OG and not an OT in the NFL.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Douglas isn’t good at the smoke screen stuff. The Jets tend to draft the guys he is reported to like

REVISion likes this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I can see it now -- Fashanu drops to 10 and we take Fuaga. PTSD from Becton/Wirfs sets in.

Going to edit this just to add that comparing Fuaga to Becton isn't fair. I don't dislike Fuaga as a prospect like I did with Becton. Fuaga seems to have pretty active feet, he doesn't seem lumbering like Becton did.

#411 REVISion, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    dawinner127 likes this.
  12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I swear to you, if JD does anything more than trade DOWN there will be a line at Jets HQ that will rival any to come before.

13. dawinner127

I can't see him trading up, but I sure as hell can see him using future assets to go get veterans (2025 2nd for Adams?) and he will for sure tap into that 2025 cap.

Jets79, mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agreed…I think there are quite a few teams all looking to improve OL…even just listening to NFL Radio on XM, I hear that a lot from teams…there will be quite a few tackles gone in round 1…I do think with three QBs all projected to go high, and with Harrison as well, feels like the top 4 picks will be those QBs and then Harrison at 4. That leaves 5 picks ahead of us, and if all three top OTs are gone, that means we should have a good WR there for the taking as well…I guess the worst outcome for us would be for all three tackles plus Odunze gone then that leaves just defensive guys at 10, which I hope would mean a trade down for us as someone is going to want a pass rusher or a top corner

Will be interesting, but honestly I think one of those 3 tackles should be there at 10 for us

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s a good call…without our 2nd round pick we don’t have much real ammunition to trade up unless it’s a player (say Huff?), and needing OL and WR help so badly, I have a hard time seeing JD trade down when he knows he needs to win NOW.

I think it’s a very real possibility that he uses future picks to trade up or get a good veteran…if I knew I had to win NOW, I’d do the same…he ain’t gonna give a shit about next year’s draft when he knows he won’t be the guy running it if we don’t win this year, so he will be in “All In” mode for sure I think

The_Darksider, ouchy and dawinner127 like this.
  16. dawinner127

Bingo. As long as the money for some of these guys doesn’t bleed into the 2026 offseason I don’t really care what he spends dollar wise in 2025. If he starts pushing money into that year, then I’m pissed and concerned.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sad thing is you and others are probably spot on with this. They'll probably mortgage the entire 2025 draft for an extra win or two in 2024. Either way, they are getting fired, with prejudice, and I look forward to them "walking the plank!" This entire regime can't be gone FAST enough.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. dawinner127

I still think they win 9 or 10 with Rodgers next year as bad as it was this year. They’re going to be returning 10 or 11 starters on defense. They’ll obviously add another WR (hopefully 2) and hopefully a few more OL. If Rodgers plays 15 or16 games, no reason they shouldn’t be in that 9/10 win category.
    The real question is if they win 10 and get throttled by Baltimore in round 1, does the entire staff / regime come back? That’s the concern I have because I sure as hell do not trust them to rebuild this again after Rodgers retired.

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well sure we are jumping way ahead of ourselves here, but I gotta believe that if we make the playoffs next year, Woody will extend them all and the talk track will be “see? THIS is what we were building!”

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The job of a journalist is not to "help" anyone - it is to be objective in reporting and to clearly identify that which is being offered as opinion. I have no idea where the idea came from that writers should act in concert with teams - that goes against all standards of the profession.

#420 Ralebird, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024