Will McDonald

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You deliberately replied to my post about an edge rushers contract with that information haha. What a petty little man you are.

And by the way, I would never in a million years trust your little synopsis that can’t be verified since you can’t rewatch the Manningcast because you tend to put your own interpretation on everything and explain what people meant as if their words weren’t enough.

Of course it’s reasonable that a new center/QB exchange might be hairy including timing and exchange and what not. But if the ball hits the QB’s hands, he has to secure it even if it slows the play down. No where in your little rambling about what Peyton said does it describe how it’s the centers fault because I’m sure you don’t even remember what he said.

Now stop derailing the thread over your pettiness.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah i seen peyton manning explain it and tua/his backup OC execute it and thought you'd like the info?
    didn't think you'd get all pissy about it and throw a hissy fit. it's not like I said "suck it loser I was right"

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Soubds good, Napoleon.

4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. The footage from the war room on draft night indicated that JD ranked McDonald highly and thought other GMs near that spot did as well.

Did he over rated McDonald? That's remains to be seen, but edge rushers are valuable.

#224 Jets OG fan, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  5. GasedAndConfused

man you have a fragile ego. at least I know I clearly can't trust any of your "expert info" in the future. too bad because It seemed like you knew some stuff but clearly you just don't and aren't willing to learn. you sure you don't have a reddit. I seen some dude who was clearly wrong arguing about the cap with 3 people explaining it and he acted just like you

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Amen.

I dont think Peyton Manning would ever blame a center anyway. It seems so long ago but he played at a time when results mattered and excuses were used a lot less

7. Jonathan_Vilma

You done? Can we talk about Will McDonald or do you still want to keep crying about a fumbled snap from October?

8. GasedAndConfused

I never said he blamed anyone. reading comprehension is really a weak suit for you. he just explained how it's supposed to work while tua and the OC did it.
    some of you need to watch football instead of getting wasted during the jets games and passing out at half time and then acting like your shit down stink

9. GasedAndConfused

you can talk about what you want, it's just clearly dribble anyway

10. BrowningNagle

A moderator told you to stop calling others names off-topic and here ya go again!

so disrespectful to the moderators of this site that you frequent often

11. GasedAndConfused

wasn't a single name called. do you even try to read anything?

12. Jets OG fan

Our tackles not being good has nothing to do with the McDonald pick. Grabbing a tackle there would have been a mega reach. WR is debatable but at the time many thought the unit would be fine with Lazard as the #3 and Rodgers and they'd trade for Evans / Adams if needed at the deadline.

I'll die on the WMD hill. We can revisit it in a year. Even if they bring back Huff and JFM stays, they can always try to flip one of them for some draft capital if it's too crowded. It's the 2nd most valuable position in the NFL.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t really care what people thought though and I’m not sure why that is in any way relevant? What people thought was clearly wrong. We have an awful group of receivers behind Garrett Wilson and the long term outlook at the position isn’t getting any better considering our current cap and draft pick status.

Let’s see if they find a way to fix it? Regardless, if the concept is trying to replenish for 2024 a year early, I’m not sure why we didn’t have that outlook about the receiver position either.

JetDan likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

right. Suggesting others that disagree with your assessments are just wasted drunks is right on topic, okay

15. Jets OG fan

Yeah, there were also a lot of factors they didn't see coming. I think this off season will pretty much be completely based around the offense. Rodgers would mask some of it, but there is work to be done.

16. BrowningNagle

Every one of those receivers look good too. Flowers, Johnston, Addison and Smith-Njigba have all had good rookie seasons, some better than others though

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Quentin Johnston looks like he sucks but the other three have been pretty good. I didn’t even know teams had QJ in the first round since all he did was catch wide open bombs at TCU.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

If Davis doesn’t retire, we’re still in a similar predicament with two mediocre at best (if you can even call Lazard that) receivers entering their age 29 season making $10+ million per year and the long term outlook at receiver is significantly worse than the defensive line.

And often forgot in this discussion is we have a 26 year old stud defensive tackle making $25 million per year. He’s the most double-teamed defensive tackle in the league I believe they said. That counts towards the asset count of the overall defensive line as well.

19. BrowningNagle

he caught a nice bomb on Sunday but yeah I agree he has been a disappointment, Idk what is going on there. Maybe it is wise to stay away from Big12 receivers for that reason

JSN woulda been the perfect pick for this team. These Ohio State receivers are coming in polished and complete and he was close friends with our own Garrett Wilson

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  20. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

What didn't they see coming? The offense has ranked bottom of the league in scoring for the last 5 years. Why continue to invest draft capital on the defensive side of the ball?

Any offensive player would have been a more productive pick than Will Mcdonald. This isn't a slight at WM

ColoradoContrails likes this.