Wilk Presser Starting now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milo, Apr 29, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Gotcha-

I already apologized in the Royal Wedding thread.

Next time I plan on making a shitty joke, I'll type Ear Muffs at the top so you know to go past the shitty joke post.

EAR MUFFS

For the record, I'm a Christian and some did take offense to Revis Christ, but I know what a joke is. So maybe someone else should lighten up or know when a joke is a joke.

**EDIT** BTW, Don't go into the nickname thread. MAJOR Ear Muffs for that thread.

#21 MadBacker Prime, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. MadBacker Prime

Offensive-

Please Ear Muff any dick jokes in the future, I have nightmares that involves big dicks such as yourself or the one that you may or may not carry.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I made a joke that some people on the board were going to have a tough time with it, but there are way too many negative comments about him being a Muslim.

4. ........

........ Trolls

It's just kind of meh that so many people had to go ONLY to the Muslim gags. I've got a shitload in there, and only made one Muslim one because it fit with Dewayne Robertson.

FTR, I think the terrorist jokes are a lot worse than Revis Christ ever was.

5. GreenBleeder69

You know? lol

6. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, I agree 100%.

That was the first and last time I ever said anything terror related about our newest Jet. I think that's why I got so amped up.

It was a stupid comment, but in no way am I serious.

If someone is Muslim on the board I do apologize, my intentions were never to lump anyone into a "terrorist" category.

It was just a shitty joke-

7. ........

........ Trolls

LOL, I wasn't talking about you. Don't worry.

8. MadBacker Prime

You got me feeling bad... lol

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

:up: Its all good, I know its a joke, but this interwebs can be confusing place where words get taken out of context.
    FTR, I also found the Revis Christ one offensive too, but like you let it ride

10. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Back to the topic....

The MW presser is just starting now- I pressed the play button, and they just started it live.

/soxxx

11. ........

........ Trolls

Revis Christ is (to some) blasphemy and reflects poorly against Jesus Christ (to some) by comparing a mere football player to him in name only. I've always loved the nickname; not a huge fan of the extent of worship.

The jokes about Muhammad Wilkerson and his family being terrorists, however, are denigrating directly to the newest member of our team. I don't care so much about people hating on Muslims (although the idea that they're all one and the same is absurd), but it's insulting to have no creativity whatsoever with such a long and malleable name than to make terrorist jokes.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yes the Revis Christ one is quite clever and while I found it offensive, I didn't find it that offensive to make a big song and dance about it. It was a humours play on words relating to talent. I can live with that.

The MW 'jokes' though are as you describe, insulting and denigrating.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Everyone has a point of view.

Personally, I think that many of the jokes I saw were celebrating the fact that he is a Muslim, but that may require some nuanced thought to understand.

Here in the US we are subject to seeing Muslims being portrayed as the evil 'other' as policy on some of the major news outlets. If you look at the political threads in the BS forum (Obama, Libya, Egypt, etc.) you'll get a taste of that too. It gets ugly. So a lot of the reaction I saw was a 'in your face' to those who think Islam is the root of all evil.

I'm glad we got him, I hope he pans out to be a great player. If he makes a couple of mopes think twice about Mulims, that would be a bonus, but I don't really count on that happening.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

After an entire day of Muslim and terrorist jokes, your post put me over the top. I didn't necessarely call you out if you read my initial rant, it just happened to be your post that I responded to.

Anyway, lets move on to bigger and better things- like jokes about assault.

Love the Ellis pick- hope the guy has his act together. Praying that Acho, House, or one of about 5 Saftey's falls to our next pick!