Why we shouldn't draft McFadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Nov 7, 2007.

1. GreenMachine

I am glad you are so much smarter than everybody else. It makes you sure lock for a TGG award.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's Awesome. I'm glad you are obsessed with Kevin Smith, the football player, and not the writer/director.

3. GreenMachine

1 post about him and I am obsessed?

You really need to get a grip.

God forbid I post about a player from my local College playing well in the NCAA forum.:lol:

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

electric..i dont like u to much

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Get a grip? I was just kidding...if you don't know who the other Kevin Smith is, look him up...he's a fat slob, but he writes some pretty funny movies every once and a while.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't even know you, but the fact that you think Chris Long/Glen Dorsey are top "Nose Tackle" prospects, shows that you know nothing about this team...or football for that matter.

Chris Long is a 3-4 defensive end.

and

Glen Dorsey is a 4-3 defensive tackle, that might be able to tranfer into a 3-4 defensive end, but it's highly unlikely.

7. nevbeats319

i know chris long is a de..and he would help
    AND THEY NEED A FUKIN NT...DORSEY OR OKAM...Y DOESNT NE LIKE THEM?

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

because they aren't fit for the 3-4...why don't you realize that? Read around the board some more. Everyone knows that Dorsey is a 4-3 DT and that Okam COULD play end in the 3-4, but why waste a 1st rounder on him when he could slip to the 2nd.

Y DOESNT U NO HOW TO SPELL?

9. Pride

Pride New Member

listen a lot of people have done there research before they talk. Plz do yours. Okam and dorsey both have separate issues. Its not like we draft these guys and were all solved. not that simple. Dorsey is 290, is he playing nose? Okam has character issues you want him with the top 5 pick instead of in rd 2 right? Do you just refuse to look at mcfadden? There is 0 yes 0 first round talent at nose this year. Including Okam!!

10. nvot9

nvot9 New Member

I'm with you, he's a douche bag.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...because I disagree with you about Chris Long? Yeah, that's why.

12. nevbeats319

look im not saying i dont want mcfadden..i think hes going to be sick..but the team has defence issues..hes not going to help stop other teams from running 100+ on us

13. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

everyone here knows that we have to improve our D. But most ppl here also know, that you can?t just draft any big guy and the D is fixed. If there would be a good 34 NT prospect, most ppl here would jump on their bandwagon right away. There just are none. So ppl think about other things to do with our top 5 pick.

I?d love to see the Jets take a shot at Raji in the 3rd or 4th round. But in the 1st i don?t see any other option than going BPA.

14. Great post.

No one is arguing that linemen on both sides of the ball aren't needed. We're merely stating that there arent any ELITE 3-4 prospects in this draft...and an RT/G Is not good personell management for a top 5 pick.

Therefore we need to decide which elite players in this draft are WORTHY of a top 5 pick and will help this franchise.

Anyone who doesnt think McFadden would not fit that bill, are crazy!

15. CPenn10

CPenn10 New Member

If McFadden isn't around when the Jets draft, then I think Manningham should be the pick. Should McFadden still be on the board, though, then it's a no-brainer.

16. Pride

Pride New Member

????Manningham is a late first rounder. He doesnt go over the middle, he isnt even in the discussion for our pick

17. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Did you guys watch the game yesterday? He IS NOT a difference maker....DON'T draft this guy

18. Pride

Pride New Member

I hope your referring to manningham and not mcfadden. You base everything on one game. thats fair

19. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I'm basing it on the entire season. Dude has talent, I won't argue with that, but he 's just not a game changing FREAK like the press tries to make him out to be. IMO he would be a wasted pick in the first round

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He ran for 100+ yards...Tennessee is a better team than Arkansas. That's why Arkansas lost.