"Why the surprising Jets won't make the playoffs"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GlennFoley, Dec 4, 2006.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Its just odd that this would be one of the feature's for sportscenter... you would think they would talk about the race in genereal without specifically mentioning why the Jets of all teams wouldn't be making it

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

GlennFoley. Here's a poster that when he starts a thread, he gets lost between the post and a reply. The only real meaty question in any of his 20 some odd posts here is "Why do we keep replying to them?". :rolleyes:

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll tell you this. When we do make the Playoffs they will all say it was a Soft schedule or there will be a few who say "I told you so"...... :rolleyes:

Yet, Indy Beats up on a Weak Div. -Nuthin bout that
    Half the League is Hovering around .500 - Nuthin bout that

Screw them

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

coming up now

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

at least he admitted he was ignorant.

and he gave no reason why we wont be there other then he was ignorant. i fucking hate salisbury.

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

yeah...nothing surprising. He said the Jets should win 3/4 or 4/4, but he just can't pick a team that was so picked to be so bad to make the Playoffs. Nothing terrible.

8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA, Sean Salisbury is a joke. How ESPN even lets him speak and labels it "analysis" is a war crime.

9. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

he just said something along the lines of with all the injuries they have overcome. who do we have injured besides curtis martin. i think this has been the best season injury luck wise in recent memory.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Basically he didn't look at the schedule before a few minutes ago. :lol:

After that he said the Jets could go 4-0 down the stretch.

Poor Salisbury. It must suck being an a$$.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Lay off Salisbury....

He said this morning that the Jets would make the playoffs on Mike and Mike in the morning. Unless he said that at a NY based Radio show to win the Jet fans over, he wouldent back from his word.

Its ESPN who said we wouldent make it, and have Salisbury as the puppet to interpret why. And well he has no reasons, and even admitted that he would be shocked if we did not make it.

Fuck ESPN, Not Sean Salisbury.

12. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Have u ever watched salisbury. Hes an idiot. whether talking about the jets, or just football. this is the first time ive seen salisbury NOT say something bad about the jets. He doesn't contribute anything to Football conversation.

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I remember someone putting up a story of meeting Salisbury on these boards and say he was cool to them, said he loved the Jets draft and said they should have a good team in a few years.

Also Salisbury is one of the ESPN analysts who is a Kellen Clemens supporter. Along with Jawsorski and Hoge.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Cool. I am a Clemens supporter too. Clemens 2010 baby!!! :beer:

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

hes an NFL elitist who thinks that he knows everything. Most of the things he says is borderline idiotic and always with the "I played the game, ur shit" look. And thank god clayton finally said something to salisbury about that...
    Hes got no credibility as an analyst.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Those teams were never really in the hunt. Of the teams vying for a playoff spot, most people would write off the Jets based on history alone. Sure, as fans we see the team and know the schedule, so we can make an argument, but the typical NFL non-Jets fan probably thinks were a pretender.

If ESPN wants to cater to the masses let'em. The Jets will get the respect they deserve once they earn it.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you kidding me? It's ESPN's fault that Sean Salisbury is a tool? Spare me, the guy makes his predictions like a politician, trying to cover all the bases in case he is wrong. Which he often is.

18. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Good point.

19. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

And look at this - go figure. Salisbury said on tonight's SC that the Jets WILL make the playoffs. He doesn't know if he's coming or going.

He did say that he's rooting for the Jets and Chad Pennington so I guess he earned a couple points there. Still I can't believe he can flip flop like that in a matter of 18 hours!

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I tried to wait up last night for his brilliant opinion,but fell asleep. I thought he was supposed to say we weren't going to make it...? Thenthis evening i catch him saying we WILL make it and he's rooting for us. WTF. Are we going in or not? Tell us Salisbury.