Why Sanchez will succeed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, May 23, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I posted another article which pinpoins it to the Bengal game.

Let's assume I didn't, you think "early in the season" in that other article could mean Nov or Decmber? Really?

This removes his injury excuse then b/c no one thought he was hurt seriously. Thanks.

If you believe Favre seriously offered to sit you haven't been paying attention to this drama queen his entire career.

No there wasn't, he could still zip it, he was making awful decisions. Favre always needs an excuse when he doesn't get the job done.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Brett Favre's injury in 2008 is why Sanchez will succeed.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

There was considerable difference in his passes from the end of the year compared to the beginning of the season. Favre was making bad decisions at the beginning of the year too and we were 8-3 at one point.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No you initially posted an article that was very vague and written in December. Then you posted the article that said Favre took big hits in the Bengals game, but never said that was the hit that injured him. That at least finally provided a source for your October theory. In fact using your theory that Favre uses injuries as excuses, why didn't he use it in the OAK game the next week? Taking in your theory it seems strange he wouldn't point to the hits and then blame the Oakland game on it.

Well if the article is written at the end of December "early in the season" can be taken in two ways. Early that the point the article was written or early in the whole season. I took it to mean first 8 weeks but when I was breaking down the way it was written I have to include all options and possibilities, something you clearly have trouble doing when analyzing things.

Since the CS had to adjust their playcalling for Favre he wasn't seriously hurt?! hahahahaha I think if a gameplan has to be adjusted because of an injury the injury is pretty serious. Schotty had to call runs (which is actually a good thing in a pouring rain and cold game) becuase Favre couldn't throw the ball. I would say that is a serious injury. Football isn't black and white. You can play through a serious injury. It is dumb to do (which Favre has proven he is) but you can do.

So if you believe Favre's injury was not the reason for the end of season slump, what was? And then why did Favre play out of his mind the following year?

Also strange side note, I could have sworn Favre threw for 300 yards once while he was here. I thought either the Arizona game or NE game but he didn't. That's strange for him.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Favre sucked down the Stretch in '08 Sanchez sucked down the stretch in '11 we missed the playoffs both years. They both might have been injured but they were playing so no excuses. If they could not perform they should have not been playing.

Schotty has the been the only constant for 6 yrs of mediocre offense. Schotty is the OC and it is his responsibility for the offense to perform it did not so he got fired. Much better or should i say more proven OC's have been fired for less on better teams.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/1/16/2710831/st-louis-rams-the-brian-schottenheimer-paradox

Just watch the video in this link.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's the point I have been trying to make. :)

To get back on track. If the run game can be effective that clearly benefits Sanchez as he is a very good play action passer. Stephen Hill doesn't have to be amazing as a rookie, but if he catches one or two passes over the top of the defense, he can stretch it and open it for Tone and Keller and Kerley.

Obviously it all comes back to the OL if they can establish the run to set up the pass. I do think Sparano will do a better job helping whoever the RT than Schotty. It felt like last year our biggest plays were broken plays, not a play we executed well.

I like the idea of going for chunk yardage. I also think there is a misconception that Sanchez can't throw the deep ball. There is a difference between not being able to do or not having the opportunity to do it. Last year Sanchez was not given the opportunity to do it with Holmes being double covered and Plax taking half an hour to get down the field. Hill should be able to provide the threat of it which can help tremendously.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets have reasonable pass protection next season, which is a big if at this point, I'd like to see them sending Hill on the left and Keller on the right hash and give Sanchez an easy read for a change, whichever way the FS goes throw it to the other guy.