Why not Vince?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Richiebsweet, Apr 19, 2006.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He is a unique talent, he's not Vick or Cunningham, he's Vince Young. Why do you say he lacks intelligence in comparison to Cunningham? Are you basing that on the Wonderlic?

Here are some other interesting historical scores:

Dan Marino 14
    Steve Young 33
    Vinny Testaverde 18
    Randall Cunningham 15
    Rich Gannon 27
    Troy Aikman 29
    Bret Favre 22
    Drew Bledsoe 37
    Kordell Stewart 12
    Michael Bishop 10
    Donovan McNabb 12
    Dante Culpepper 15

Chris Redman 16
    AJ Feeley 19
    Michale Vick 20
    David Carr 24
    Ben Rothlisberger 25
    Tom Brady 33

Interestingly, both QB's drafted by the Pats had over 30.

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

4.5 40 without the heavy prep work is very impressive.. also, some guys play faster than their 40 times... and then there is the fact that some guys add the elusiveness to their speed and that makes them that much harder to tackle... I just hope Vince's new team is a cool color team.. and not some of those really soft looking jerseys... Raiders would be awesome... I always wanted a silver and Black... Cardinals would not be good....

3. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

I dont see anyone who put up a score that shows that he is Illiterate....

How bout chad wasnt he a 47?

4. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

I have to say i would def see him being on the Titans, and the Raiders...most likley the Radiers

#64 Jets1028, Apr 20, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  5. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

I dont see him going to the cards either maybe culter..

#65 Jets1028, Apr 20, 2006
  6. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am wondering if you are saying he lacks the inteligence to play ........ football??......

and you came to this conclusion from the wonderlic results??? not many football questions on that test...

Dexter Manley could not find a slice of bread with his name on it... he was not a QB, but he sure didn't have a problem playing football.. Steve Young left college with a very high GPA I remember..... when the play broke down, he took off and made first downs and scored touchdowns running.... WOW!!!!

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

the Titans jerseys are that nice soft day at the boardwalk, white high tops type of look... I was hoping for something harder... edgy... with a doo rag, reflective sunglasses... Black high tops..!!! scary stuff ...:rofl:

8. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

haha yeah cuz either way im buying his jersey, i wouldnt mind tennessee either, thats a sweet jersey

9. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

In order to be a QB, (which is the smartes position on the field) and you score so low on a test that it says your illiterate i would be pretty worried to be an NFL coach especially when he cant run people over anymore, and your leaving the decision making to a guy who is considered illiterate for a test that he takes which is almost like an IQ test...

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You keep harping on his intelligence based on his wonderlic score. There are hosts of NFL HOF QB's who were considered stupid. Terry Bradshaw has 4 SB rings. Marino and McNabb both had similar wonderlic scores and if you saw how successful Joe Namath has been since he got out of football you can only assume he has zero judgment and is stupid. All of these guys were great decision makers on the football field. Young didn't look stupid or confused to me when I watched him on the football field. He looked like a guy who was in complete control who struck fear and indecision into the opposition.

The thing that you have to question about Young is can he make all the throws and will he learn to go through progressions quick enough. I don't know that and you don't know that yet about any of the big three QB's. Based on what we have heard Cutler looks like the one who can make all the throws but that's really all we do know.

#70 winstonbiggs, Apr 20, 2006
  11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Dan Marino - 14
    Your post - 6

Periods are cool.:up:

12. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

stop basing young on the freaking wonderlic. it makes no sense! he doesnt have to be a freaking genius to play quarterback. the reason his stock has dropped since the rose bowl game is because he hasn't been put in a game situation since. he may not be as impressive in the weightroom, or in the classroom, but hes a playmaker on the field, he has football instincts and the god damn wonderlic doesnt test that. hes a playmaker, and the jets dont have ANY on offense and had ONE on defense and now hes gone(abraham). the jets could really use a player like vince young, im not arguing they should take him, because i dont feel that quarterback is their most glaring need, but stop knocking young for god sakes, u cant predict the future anymore than i can, so what ur saying is just arrogance of not wanted that type of player. if you dont want him, because hes a big project that will take a while, than say that. or if u dont want him, b/c u feel his running ability and release point will not cut it in the NFL, than say that. stop saying its cuz of a freaking wonderlic test that asks u BS questions that have NOTHING to do with coming from 2 touchdowns behind (SINGLE HANDEDLY)with 4:00 left in the 4th quarter against the best team in the country for the pastr 3 years.

13. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

OOOOO HAHAHAHHA:) Man your funny, where did you come up with something so original like that?

You must be so smart to contradict others, how does it feel?

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

Jets1028...... football is not rocket science ... it is a..... GAME??.. different skill sets apply... I like to think that I am a smart guy ( definitely a smart ass ) but I know very well, that I do not have the leadership skills nor self confidence that I have seen Vince Young exhibit... So I would not make a good QB... so there.. .I've said it..:eek:hmy:

15. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

you dont have to be a genus but when you have a guy in the NFL with a test result saying he's illiterate who is he impressing? I have seen the game, and impressive but does not mean that he will be good in the NFL.

16. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Well it seems that everyone has forgotten the importance of the QB role. and now i guess by listenig to you guys we can put a Retard at QB and he'll win some superbowls.

17. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

and Bradshaw did have an Amazing team built around him.

18. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

i said that if u say you dont like him because u dont think he'll suffice in the NFL, but he has never made a bone head play on the football field is all im saying. hes not a moron who throws balls into coverage, or throws across his body or off his back foot. he might know that 20 is the number that follows in a pattern of 5, 10, 15 __. but they dont test that on the field.

19. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

yes he is an impressive College player, im not sayig i hate him, just sayijng he will not have the impact in the NFL as he did in college, and his intelligence will be a result of that, Like Browning Nagle, he had a great Arm but he couldnt think...and thats why he was unsuccessful.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He is also without question one of the 10 best QB in NFL history and as good as any player on those 4 SB teams.