Why not Vince?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Richiebsweet, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

This is a Forum in which everyone's opinions count and thats the reason for this message board so people could say what their opinion sides at......Who said that they knew it all? This is what we think, RELAX

2. K. Wright52

K. Wright52 New Member

I'm for drafting Vince Young if he falls to us. If he turns out to be superstar everbody is going to be pissed off. For people who think he is going to fail at the next think again because we have good coaching and also I don't think the Jets organization will let him fell.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The only QB of the three who was at the combine was Cutler so I would have to take him.

4. akibud

akibud Active Member

thanks for pointing that out to me... I must have actually thought there were some GM's posting here... My point was, not many of us bother to post our "opinions"... we tend to get ahead of ourselves and start posting like we actually think we know shit!!.. as opposed to thinking we 'feel' shit!!!!!!!:eek:fftopic:

5. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Sry i should of pointed out, the USC senior day, so where did young Run his 40 at? and i know that Cutler threw further than young, but they all defantley worked out for the NFL...just in different places..

6. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Thats ok :up:

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What were his 40 time, throwing power and throwing accuracy results? I haven't seen this published.

8. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

His 40 time was a 4.5, it was on Espn one day, I was very surprised so thats how i remember it, and all i know is that on Espn Cutler had more throwing power to him....

9. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Thats what im basing my "OPINION" (83ClassKenObrian) from :wink:

10. winstonbiggs

I was surprised how good his 40 time was considering he wasn't going to run and hadn't trained to run. You think this guys just go run and lift? What was Lienarts 40 time?

11. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Thats no excuse because Mike Vick ran his at a 4.2, i dont know what Lienart's 40 is and dont care, he is not a scrambling QB.

12. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

If you want to impress critics you should know that they want you to run the 40..

13. K. Wright52

K. Wright52 New Member

I'm all for drafting Vince Young if he falls to us

14. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

you would do it over lienart? Thats cool, i just dont think that he will do better than lienart, and i think lienart fits into Shottenhiemer ( or however you spell it) offense.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well Mike Vick is also alot smaller than Vince Young. Theyre completely different players. And Winston's point was valid, most of these players train specifically for the drill. Young just was throwing balls around an cranked out a 4.5

and although Leinarts 40 time is in all actuality irrelevant to his success or where hes drafted, it would be good to know where he clocked in at.

16. winstonbiggs

Why would you compare Vince Young to Michael Vick? They are two completely different types of players.

17. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

Yea, i understand that but, Young strengths in college was that he could run, then he gets into the NFL, which no team will build their Offense around him, his strong points will be lost when he trys to run against DE who will be able to catch him, if he is not Vick ( who is the only QB in the league that can actually run and make an Impact) it will be up to his decision making and his amr strength, Which his arm strength is OK, but as you see what he did in his wonderlic test his decision making isnt very great either. Plus the Colts are the only team who Run's something Remotley Close to a Run N' Gun offense, thats why i think Young will not have a great Career.

18. akibud

akibud Active Member

smooth!!!!!....:beer:

19. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

So what kind of player is young? You really think he wont try and run Like Vick does? I watched the Rose Bowl game he is a great comparision to vick...
    IS he a Cunningham? Possibly but he lacks the intellegence..

20. Jets1028

Jets1028 New Member

LOL. just playing with ya Man