Why do you keep coming back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsillinifan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

2010? HAHAHA. You young pup. Have you ever heard of Shea Stadium ? Being a Jet fan is an affliction . I've had it since 1970. It gets in your blood . It's a like a bad habit that you can't kick . Some good . Mostly bad . But , it's a life style . Most people can't handle it . It toughens you up .

Jets69 likes this.
  2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

What a stupid question. I used to pay $5 for standing room at Shea. There was no TV. Parked at Main St. and took the #7 one stop. I enjoyed being a fan and still do. Damn that is a stupid question!

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I'm 46 and have been a fan of both the Jets and the Mets since I was old enough to understand sports. I witnessed absolutely terrible Mets baseball during the mid/late 70's at Shea, which made '86 that much better. When it comes to the Jets, being that it's been a much, much longer drought, will make the payoff, when it does happen, THAT much sweeter...

4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

same here, its like a life long cancer on both fronts

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  5. Midlife Crysis

Been following them since 1980. My dad was on board from the start of the franchise and hooked after Super Bowl III (sadly I wasn't around to see that). At this point it's too late for me to change but I live in Northern Virginia now and have encouraged my son to choose a different team. I'm breaking the cycle of abuse :)

TNJet likes this.
  6. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

7. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

it's my team, why wouldn't I keep coming back?

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With the advent of Fantasy Football and extremely high tkt pricing, your job will be a lot easier. This new generation will not develop the allegiance to teams like we did growing up.

9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I have been a Jets fan for almost 50 years now. And I will continue to bleed green & white until the day I die.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I assume you're encouraging your son not to root for your current "hometown" team of the Redskins if you're looking to end the cycle of abuse:).

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Been a fan since the early 90s (the Coslet era is the first that I can recall from memory) and I can't switch now. I've pondered just being one of those fans who just likes "players" rather than a team, but that's lame.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I wish that some wouldn't come back. Even when we're winning the same morbid cocks find something to whine about.