Why do so many people have a hard on for Cotchery?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Apr 17, 2006.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

aside from the tory holt stuff...

Cotchery is strong, which is critical for run blocking/downfield blocking. he won't get tackled real easily (at least, he didn't at State), and he's aggressive enough to go after a ball over the middle because he's both strong and tough.

what he lacks in speed, he compensates for in strength and technique; he's a decent route-runner considering how young he is. not to mention, he has above-average hands.

of course, most of my assessments are from watching him play at NC St. (i went to UNC-Wilmington so State games are always on here). but last year we saw several glimpses of his starter's potential, whether that's as a #2 or #3. right now, he's better suited as a #3, possession type guy, but i believe he has the potential to develop into a #2. just not sure that will happen.

cheers

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

He is a bigger, faster, stronger version of chrebet...

Look at hines ward, zach thomas, tom brady, alot of these players didnt have eye popping combine numbers, or over whelming stats, but they have grown into superstars.... Cotchery given an opportunity to start, with repetition can be like hines ward.. Now people will read this and say woah yo not hines ward... Haha
    What did hines ward look like or was portrayed as when he was drafted, he was portrayed just like cotchery is... The only diffrence is cotchery had better college numbers.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cotchery should be right up Mangini's alley. He is supposedly a smart, hard-working guy. I know he has already expressed a desire to coach when his playing days are over. He is a tough player who has shown the ability to go across the middle of the field to make catches. He should be the number 3 receiver at the start of the season and could perhaps supplant McCareins at the 2 spot by season's end.