Who still regrets taking Calvin Pryor over Brandin Cooks?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 16, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaaaa still trying and hoping to prove you aren't wrong.

Mentioning Ponder and Teddy in the same sentence.

Yeah, you don't watch football.

__

2. PapaBurr

PapaBurr Member

I still would have rathered us pick clinton dix. He was more of what we needed at the time, but with that being said, i most certainly feel better about it this season with the way pryors been playing....lets all not forget that when we drafted kerley, the very next pick seattle drafted richard sherman... Now let that sink in...

3. lustig

lustig Member

He had a pretty good game today. Good solid tackling and was all over the field. Still kinda sluggish in coverage, though.

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Who still regrets taking Quinton Coples over Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones?

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

everyone always wants to trade up but someone has to want to trade down for it to happen

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

idk if cooks is bad as much as the saints in general have been bad....

the jury is still out.

7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I thought Pryor played well yesterday. The man is so good at getting into the backfield to disrupt the play. Last year he would do the same thing, but he wouldnt complete the tackle. He did a couple of times yesterday.

I saw him attempt some big hits as well. Even if the big hit didnt land, he still wrapped the player up to make the safe play.

I think he has a real chance to be a player.

8. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Its still up for debate. Cooks had a very good year last year in a very good offense. Not so much this year when their offense is worse.

Pryor had a bad year last year and a good year this year in a very good defense.

Both players are guys that need better players around them to be successful.

So its still too early to judge.

I wanted Cooks over Pryor on draft day but wasnt really pissed about selecting Pryor.

But I think if Cooks was here as a our #3 it would make a bigger difference than what Pryor is doing on our stacked D.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets tackling yesterday was very good for a change. One hand on the upper leg/waist and the other around the other leg lower down and the shoulder landing somewhere in between and people were going down easily. Nobody was whiffing on their tackles yesterday.

I noticed the wrap up with both hands addressing different areas early on and then saw the exact same technique a bunch of times after that. I'm wondering if Rodgers and Bowles had Revis do a tackling clinic for the DB's during the bye week. Everybody was tackling the way Revis usually does yesterday.

10. JStokes

I wish we had that journeyman. Lol.

_

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Cooks is misused to an extreme degree in New Orleans...... So we really don't know what he's capable of..... Pryor, is really coming into his own due to the move back to his normal position..... Having said all of that I wanted Carr or Bridgewater that draft.....

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Any word on Pryor? All I've seen was a tweet from him last night that said "the road to recovery starts now" which doesn't sound too good. Makes it seem like a long term injury.

13. JStokes

Swing and a miss.

Admit it. You're wrong.

Derek Carr.

A journeyman.

Hahahahaaaaa.

The Raiders are set for a decade.

_

june19 likes this.