Who is getting fired on this staff?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 1, 2023.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Real QB from where? sitting under a tree?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It always been pretty obvious from day one that if you hire first time coordinator head coaches, you surround them with experienced coordinators and coaches. McVay as an example, had a ton.

I thought Pep Hamilton would’ve been a good add for this team. Maybe he gets fired.

Cman68 and Br4d like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I get it, but I like Joe Douglas. As for Saleh, I am fine cleaning house, I just don't think the Jets will.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  4. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

fair enough. IMO i just can't see as world where you get to miss on a #2 QB pick and have your own HC hire, fire/get rid of both, and get to make a second pick & hire for both.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

I think Joe Douglas would since he has rebuilt this roster from literally nothing in 2 years. Now there is a lot of talent on the team. It looks like he missed on the QB, but I think he should be allowed to get a new one. As for Head Coach, I don't think they will actually fire Saleh, but if they do, I would be fine with allowing Douglas to get one more chance with the next Head Coach.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I didn’t say it was a foolproof plan but I think anyone connecting the dots can see what at least one of the most likely options is. I don’t hate it, especially in a year where your options are go this route or give up pics and players to take on very average Derek Carr and his gigantic contract.

and if you are bringing in Jimmy G then you have all the justification in the world to keep MLF. Again, not saying I’d like it but there are definitely worse plans and the dots all connect.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think the CS gets '23-24 to turn it around.. Another collapse should spell the end for Saleh and his staff. There has to be a firm set of expectations that are met. If not? there has to be consequences.

8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I doubt Carr gets traded. He has no trade clause. He can force free agency. Why wouldn’t he?

9. BroadwayAaron

because he stands to lose a ton of money in free agency. Unless a team is stupid enough to give him even half of what hes scheduled to make for the next two years. I pray that team isn’t us.

IDFjet and bicketybam like this.
  10. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i think if they jets get jimmy g they will need mike LF here as well

11. The Dark Knight

Me too. My problem is I have no faith or confidence that they will. Reminds me of Rex in 2012. I knew he was done, then he got 2 more seasons. Todd Bowles in 2017. I knew he was done but he got another season. Adam Gase at his introductory press conference. I knew he was done:D but he got 2 seasons. Now Robert Saleh. Feels like he is done, but he will get to waste 2023 and then the Jets start fresh again in 2024. Hope I am wrong.

Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

100% They should have a winning record and a payoff game next year otherwise Saleh and Co. need to take a hike.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Every team deals with injuries so it’s very far from an excuse but Breece Hall is that fucking good that having him for a full season or even having him only miss two or three games probably adds another win or two to this win total. Not excusing some of the things that have gone on that you can definitely pin on the head coach or the offensive coordinator but a healthy Breece probably negates this entire thread and the lingering notion of it.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It probably depends on what the likely trade is. If he goes for a 1st round pick plus he'd probably prefer a trade because nobody is going to offer him $33M+ a season on his next deal in free agency.

If it's a fire sale then he'd rather invoke the no trade and force the Raiders to release him.

Why the difference?

Because if a team gives up a 1st rounder plus they are likely to keep him for a couple of years and the $75M in salary that entails.

If they get him in a fire sale they might decide to cut him at any point and none of his salary is guaranteed moving forward on his existing contract.

15. Br4d

The knee injury is about 50/50 to lower his production out of the superstar category. The mean time to return to play for a RB on an ACL tear is 13.6 months, so we can expect him back for the latter part of 2023.

The study on this however is dated back to 2014 so nearly a decade out of date.

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Aside from what the emotional masses think, it's not Zach that was JDs biggest blunder (Zach regressed, like most of the team, which is coaching)... it was his choice of Saleh, but moreso, if he wanted Saleh, that he let Saleh choose a pristine inexperienced CS to develop a young team, & especially his #2 QB pick,. That Saleh did that, was my first red-flag on him. Was he afraid of being challenged by an experienced coach? Does he think he knows it all?
    But I still think JD deserves a shot at fixing what's broken. I'm hoping he's learned to not only be in on coaching decisions, but to throw his weight around more. It starts with fixing the CS, & bringing in some experience, then moving on to acquiring a competent QB, while attempting to actually develop Zach, if that's still possible after the current staff destroyed him.
    I hate starting over with another CS, the team needs stability, but on the other hand I don't see this current bunch achieving anything but mediocrity, as we saw this season. They think they know it all, and either refuse to, or haven't a clue how to make adjustments in-game, or week-to-week.
    If they're gonna have to clean house next season, why waste another year, do it now, while the young core is still in 1st-contract mode, & before they're infected with SOJ disease.

#76 burf, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  17. BroadwayAaron

Im looking at guys like Barkley and Dalvin Cook and hoping the recovery time and the level of recovery mimics that. Obviously Adrian Peterson is the gold standard but he’s also not a human. I thought right after the injury the team was reporting that he would be ready for the start of the next season but who the hell knows anymore.

18. Br4d

I really hope he's ready and good to go because the last back the Jets had with similar talent was Freeman McNeil and when McNeil was healthy the Jets were pretty good.

19. BroadwayAaron

It was a small sample size but the superstar qualities jumped off the screen. If he can bounce back like Saquon or Cook then that alleviates a ton of the pain we are currently feeling. The entire offense looks better if he is healthy and on the field.

MDJets likes this.
  20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%. Not to make an excuse for the failures down the road, but losing these two guys are huge impact players.

Assuming both AVT, Breece will return in full strength, and include Becton whether we think he s a bust or not, the Jets have fewer holes to plug in this off season as compared to last year. I say we may be few impact players away from being a legitimate playoff team and that I can say I have faith.

MoWilkBeast and Nyjets4eva like this.