Who do you think the will be the Starting RT for the Jets in 06?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Mar 18, 2006.

?

the starting RT

1. McNeil

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Ashworth

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Other

30 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Martin is the man

I feel we will have a form of a zone blocking line next year, because of this Giles wouldn't be good in this system. Giles would be a great in a power system like the Steelers have but not a zone blocking system where speed and agilty are most important. Speed and agility are actually Giles weak points. With that said Giles will be drafted in the 1st round by either Seattle or the Steelers, He also has a small chance of making it into the 2nd round but not much farther than the packers who are in some serious need for guard help.

2. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Marcus McNeil is a LT not a RT. He may be asked to make a position change only if there is a bona-fide LT with experience and the JETS don't have one. McNeil is 6'7 336 and most scouts him as the first or second best LT coming out this year with D'Brick, but McNeil is more of a complete LT then Ferguson at this point. The JETS would probably have to trade down a few picks because most mock drafts have him going either to the Cowboys at 18 and most definitely to Bucs at 23 because Marcus McNeil paved some big holes for Cadillac Williams back at Auburn.

3. getterdun

getterdun New Member

wanted: LT

Adrian Jones should be moved to right tackle, and D'Brick should be drafted with #4 (if that's where we stay). Drafting a 10 year LT that's going to protect your QB's blindside, especially Pennington, should be this team's number one priority as soon as this Abraham fiasco is over. The FA pool doesn't look too promising after Brad Hopkins, and I haven't heard anything with that rumor in a while.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yeah, I really thought you guys were the same person talking to yourself.

McNeill is a great fit at RT. He's got all the prototypical physical abilities to play there.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Idk why people say Jones sucks at RT he doesnt if he did the jets would have moved Fabini over to the RT and moved Jones to LT he is just as good at RT i think. allthough i dont think he can gain 14 lbs i think he can gain at least 10 lbs so he would weigh 306 and that is just fine

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Two possibilites

We draft D'Brickat #4 and Jones moves to RT or we draft Hawk at #4 and McNeil with Atlanta's #15 and Jones ends up at RT.