Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Parcells was given Godpowers over the team by another weak owner. I see this same scenario playing out again with Ryan and WJ. Oh yeah, Ryan does have the foot fetish.. :)

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What if Rex Ryan does well for the next year or so? And I mean deep playoff run well...?

You seem to act as though he's a member of the Illuminati or something

#62 ArmandJ, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

All well and good. But the odds are stacked against him with the present personnel on hand. The team has lost 13 out of its last 19 games. We're getting blown out regularly except when we play teams that are much worse that we are.

Unless the schedule maker is Michelle Ryan, we're not going anywhere in 2013 and perhaps even 2014. Those just happen to be the last two years on Ryan's contract. Woody of course could make this a moot point by extending Ryan another 5 years or more.

Here's a question for you my young Jedi: If Ryan has no clue whatsoever about how a modern NFL offense actually works, how in the hell could he pick someone competent enough to design and run such a system? Especially being handicapped with the driftwood that OC presently has on the roster to work with.

He picked Tony Sparano because he felt a certain connection. He's still saying that's what he's looking for in a OC. Someone that shares his ever evolving vision of offense. This is a problem with a DC trying to learn offense after 30 years of only being concerned with defense. Old dog is having a real hard time learning new tricks and the team will suffer for it.

#63 Cman68, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. ArmandJ

If he hires Norv Turner, Hue Jackson, or Ken Wisenhunt...I don't think it would indicate offensive ignorance. Read between the lines on why he wanted ground and pound all of a sudden this year...it was because he did not trust Sanchez to throw the ball. When he put the ball in Sanchez's hands, more often than not, we lost.

He picked Field Goal Fist Pumper because he was drunk or something...a mistake. People learn from their mistakes.

Give him one more year to redeem himself. We may lose games, but I bet we won't be embarrassed in them again.

I'm glad you think of me as a Jedi. For a second there, I thought you thought of me as a Sith in training for following Rex and Emperor Woody :)

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Norv Turner would be the best case. Hue Jackson would be a cool hire there is a Baltimore connection.

Realistically it all depends on the GM.

6. AlToon

AlToon Member

7. ArmandJ

Woody needs to make it rain on Norv Turner.

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Norv could do wonders for Cleveland, but I don't see it as a good fit. a lot of inexperienced receivers, Gordon is coming around but Little drops about 50% of the passes that come his way. and also, Weeden is the QB.

9. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

And the Jets are a good fit? At least he has a serious RB to roll with.

Is Hue Jackson actually available?

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we just had the offensive version of him. he got fired.

maybe they'll go wild and hire a real pass-happy guy like paul hackett.:up::lol:

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we didn't have the offensive version of him. Sparano had no creativity like Rex does on D. He was very basic in his approach and Rex said he wants an unpredictable attacking offense.

I wish guys would stop saying Sparano was the offensive version of Rex, he wasn't even close

12. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

fans choice

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

It may not not rule out offensive ignorance (if that makes sense), simply because they are the obvious choices.

Rex has always preached about ground and pound since he walked in the doors. Its been his MO for 4 years now. Its not really reading between the lines- its quite obvious. The more Sanchez throws the ball the worse this team is. Anyone can see that. Im sure personnel had some play in the ground and pound mentality, but I highly doubt that Rex has always wanted an attack-oriented downfield offense.

Dont make excuses for the Sparano hire. It was probably the only person that could be a downgrade from Schotty. He royally fucked that up... along with the whole Tebow experiment.

Like Cman said, we've lost 13 of the last 19 and have only beaten one team with a winning record. Those are the numbers of a coach that should be on his way out... Add in the fact that this team is a complete joke and the Jets brand is extremely tarnished from the unprofessional way he's led this organization and I have a hard time giving him a second chance.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Norv's going to the browns!

Chudzinski will target former San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner to be his offensive coordinator, a source told ESPN. Turner's son, Scott, worked for Chudzinski in Carolina.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah that was wishful thinking. On to the next.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

why do you guys always accept what makes this franchise look bad?

just because the browns are TARGETING norv doesn't mean he'll go there. the browns TARGETED chip kelly, the cardinals TARGETED andy reid, we are TARGETING tom gamble, and the eagles are TARGETING brian kelly.

targeting dont mean nothing

17. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Yeah.. Just read it on NBC Sports

Norv is to sign with browns. This is very disappointing. Why we haven't snagged a GM either I don't have a clue.

18. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Offensive co-ordinator will be some retread who has failed previously , no co-ordinator worth their salt will take the role on with all the uncertainty

19. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

this description fits norv to a tee...

20. AlToon

AlToon Member