Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think it is only a one year problem and then they gain a lot of room under the cap. Really the question comes down to how hard they even want to try this year.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'd sign up for this:

[YOUTUBE]7syu8TI1F5g[/YOUTUBE]

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The more I think about it realistically, the more I like the Mornhinwig hire. We need to revamp. We have the WRs for it, we need the QB and RB. We will have top 10-15 picks this year and next year. Between the first and second rounds, you should be able to nab yourself a good fit at RB and QB.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wonder what speedy backs are available. I'd be shocked if the Jets don't get someone who can catch and run out of the backfield, something they are sorely lacking now. (The Jets don't seem to believe in McKnight... though maybe that changes?)

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We need Matt Flynn. If we get him, we will immediately see an impact. With Marty's offense, we should be good until we can find a franchise guy

6. Don

I remember..don't know what happened after that but he never really got another chance.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I would like to see Powell get that chance, especially considering there are no top notch RBs coming out of this year's draft class (in foresight) and no real good free agent RBs. Go offensive line and outside pass rusher the first two rounds this year, bite the bullet and suck for 2013, go QB and RB next year if you haven't found one via trade or free agency.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Granted it would be one hell of a coach up job but why can't he coach up Sanchez in the same manner Harbaugh was able to coach up A. Smith from bust to viable starter?

BTW called it on Christmas Eve...

9. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I like this hire, we need to get away from Ground and Pound and Marty can do that. He's not the ideal fit for our roster right now, but our roster isn't ideal now, so change was in order anyway.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

this hire wouldn't make Rex nervous since Izdik probably didn't interview or hire him. Interesting that Rex was serious about no more ground and pound.

11. Don

He has to be..this is no longer his father's NFL..just look at the teams at the top of both conferences.

12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The guy has started just twice in the NFL. And this was like week 16 or 17 against the freakin' Lions.

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

And you'll really feel it when he's a bust and we never will get close to a super bowl.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Ya i don't like Geno Smith , But who knows maybe he will turn out to be something,But with that said the draft is due to have a huge first round bust , it hasn't happend in awile

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

terrible logic. if we give picks for flynn than he better be the franchise. otherwise we are wasting resources on a band aid.

thats what got the last g.m. fired

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm happy we can all predict the future but facts are scouts like this guy, I'm loving the comparisons and with our new OC who develops QB's well and the system likely in place Geno seems ideal for us.