Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Didn't watch Ravens game on a regular basis but this is what I've heard other Ravens fan say & stuff I've pulled from Ravens fans on Reddit.

• He'll go for the element of surprise so much that you just get frustrated. Things like 3rd & 1 = shotgun & deep pass. 3rd and long = QB Draw.

• He's got a rep as a control freak & very stubborn. It was pissing off Ravens players. Limiting Flacco's ability to audible.

• He didn't adjust gameplans during the game. Even if the gameplans going in were constantly failing. Once again pointing to his control freak & stubborness.

• Gets far too conservative with a lead. Too many games where the Ravens offense would roll over and let the other team back into the game once we had a one or two score lead.

• Control freak. Doesn't like his players to improvise or audible. Our two minute drill would perform so much better than our actual schemed offense, and this was most likely due to the fact that Flacco would start calling the plays at that point.

====
    http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/16k3es/jets_to_interview_cam_cameron_for_oc_position/ <---- is where I pulled most of the above comments from. General vibe from other websites is that Ravens did a good thing by getting rid of him. Most of the good points come from poster "Tjfan". Rest of it is generic comments on how stupid a hire everyone thinks it'll be..

#241 ajax, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Thanks for posting that! Funny those traits sound exactly like Schotty with exception to the audible limitations. Under Schotty Sanchez was allowed to run some no huddle, but we didn't see it at all under Sparano. Interesting tidbits from the Ravens fans. Very much appreciated. Much better than "He's a moron". :p

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It seems like we are screwed no matter what we do this offseason, No desicion seems right

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

rex will hire another ravens reject, Cam Cameron, who also got fired in Miami.

why break the tony sporano connection? the fins fans will have another buttfumble move to laugh at.:shit:

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Why would Hue Jackson come here ? It's a lateral move...he's the OC for Cincy.

6. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I forgot the position Jackson held with Cincy and don't feel like looking it up but Jay Gruden is the OC for Cincy.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It would not be a lateral move. Jackson is the Cincy assistant special teams coach.

Apologies if its been previously mentioned, but Jackson and Shurmer (Jets are interested on both) have already had interviews with the Panthers.

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI

Source tells me Cam Cameron won't be #Jets next offensive coordinator. ...stay tuned. #nyj

That sucks!

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Tomorrow tomorrow. I can't wait for tomorrow! Only a day away!

10. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/1/14/3877010/hue-jacksons-unofficial-interview-from-the-swamp

The Jest are wasting precious time.

If Rex is serious about unpredictability, high octane and all that, it's gotta be hue Jackson.

In 2010 as OC the Raiders had the 2nd overall rushing attack and were top 10 in points scored.

As HC (and play caller, if I recall) he managed to run a potent dynamic offense with Jason Campbell pulling the trigger.

Which tells you all you need to know about the man. He knows how to get the most out of QBs and is an offensive guru.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr, I don't like either Cameron or Whisenheimer.

Yeah, I know it's hut, not heimer, but he sucked at developing a Qb after Warner left. No track record of what we need most from an OC going forward on the Jets.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I want Pep to be honest

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

what is the point? any OC can look at our personnel and see that it is more than a one year job. Can he get a multi year from a team whose coach is in limbo? Maybe, if they let the new GM pick him and not Rex.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Bring in Jackson and Jason Campbell... heck, he can even bring his beloved Carson Palmer if the Raiders let him go... I think he'll do a good job.
    PS Did the Jets interview Hue Jackson?

Hamilton would be very good too... didn't know he coached for the Jets between 2003-2005

#254 Mambo9, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  15. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Reading stuff on Pep Hamilton

Im pretty interested he developed Alex Smith when started showing life and Andrew luck

He likes to use jumbo set and power down the D's throat

sign him!!

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB
    Browns name Norv Turner offensive coordinator

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Whisenhunt is out as well per Schefter. Heading to San Diego as the OC

18. Realistic Jets Fan

so who do we think Idzik will select for the OC job...

I think it will be Morningweg, Shurmer or Hamilton

19. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Honestly..those are the only candidates left.

20. Realistic Jets Fan

I'm hoping it will be Hamilton

but frankly, a trained orang-u-tan would be an upgrade over Shottenheimer or Sparano