Where do you WANT Peyton to sign ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Where does Peyton Landing benefit the Jets the most ?

1. Jets

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Dolphins

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Broncos

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Cards/Seahawks

51 vote(s)
    58.0%
  6. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

why not?

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Really? I'd love a chance to avenge that putrid loss last season. He was garbage for 55 minutes of that game. Fuck Tebow.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Cant tell if youre being serious.

I would LOVE to see Tebow on the Fins

They would have one of the most impotent offenses in the nfl.

However even if Tebows cut I strongly doubt he ends up in Miami

4. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I was kidding. Dealing with Tebow 2x a year is much better than dealing with Peyton 2x a year lol

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There are rumours circulating that the niners are now in the running for Peyton - which is why Smith has not yet signed as if Peyton goes to the Niners then Smith will likely go to the Seahawks.

edit: didnt see these rumours on the last page.

If he goes to the Niners they will instantly be superbowl faves as they were a top 5 team lst season with a very average QB which was the only real weak spot.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If Manning goes to the 49ers and doesnt win a Super Bowl, his legacy will be destroyed.

Hell if they dont make it to the championship game, people will be begging for his head and say his worse than Alex Smith. Lots of pressure if he goes there.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That sarcasm flew right over my head. My bad.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case at all.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The 9ers will be tested next year, they play the Giants, Packers, Bears, Lions, Saints, Jets, Patriots, Bills should be interesting to see how they do reguardless of who their QB is.

The 49ers definately have a huge target now on their back, and aren't sneaking up on anyone, similar to the Jets in 2010.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

idk man, the pereception now is that the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders and add Manning people will be expecting somewhere between an undefeated season and at least 13 wins(they won 13 last year). It wont be easy.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Was Brett Favre's legacy tainted after the Jets tanked in 08? Not really, it was the cockpicks and indecision that tainted his legacy.

Granted, the Jets weren't viewed as a contender like the 9ers, but if Manning plays up to his standard level and they still don't win the SB I don't think he'll be crucified for it. If he comes in there and plays like absolute shit, maybe, but even then his apologists could point to the neck surgery as an excuse.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ok but can you agree if they dont make the championship game next season, there will be a huge backlash?

I know the fans will begin to question why they got rid of Alex. Honestly the 49ers defense 11 starters are all returning next year, they should hold opponents to 15 points or less. If Manning can regulary put up 20+ they will be fine.

13. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

What on Earth are you taking about. Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. If he doesn't win that won't effect that notion.

15. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

:lol: at the idea of 49er fans coming to the defense of alex smith if peyton manning doesn't win a super bowl.

alex smith? come on. a former number 1 pick who took 7 seasons to have his first alright season. no one is going to question why the niners took a chance on peyton manning and got rid of alex smith.

if the fans only complain AFTER a move doesn't work out, then they have no ground to stand on.

and tainted legacies are overrated.

montana's legacy is fine. michael jordan's is fine. favre's is fine. peyton will be fine as well.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

What is intersting is that if you look at this poll, and the one I did about where do you think Manning will sign, neither of the includes 2 of the 3 teams still in the running - the Titans and the Niners. Both teams, especially the niners, did a great job of keepig their interest off the radar for a long time.

if he goes to the niners then i understand Smith will go to the Seahawks, if he goes to the titans then no idea where hasslebeck will wind up (it could benefit Locker)

Favre's legacy has been seriously tainted - both for the decline in performance but more for the general attitude and antics

#96 JetsUK, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012