What will be the league's punishment for Woody's tampering?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by New England Patriots, Dec 29, 2014.

?

What will the Jets lose for Woody's comments?

1. Draft Pick

6.6%
  2. Cash

53.8%
  3. Both

2.8%
  4. Second Warning

36.8%
  1. Biffins

Biffins Member

Most likely outcome at this stage is a 5th ish round draft pick swap.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's so beyond tame and ridiculous to even call it tampering. NFL shouldn't even acknowledge it.

3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I guess the Jets are losing a draft pick. That sucks.

4. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Well what grit are we talking here? 'Cause if it's "coarse," I'm out.

I'm not sure why it's a big deal. I enjoy a little more variety in message boards, dissenting opinions, etc. There's not a lot of interesting discussion when you're on the majority side. Just my take on it...

5. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

I don't think the NFL needs to punish him. New England just holds onto that card during the offseason. Now there is zero chance that Revis returns to NYJ.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The last thing that needs to happen is for the four win Jets to give draft picks to the playoff bound Patriots.

If they want to fine Woody, fine by me.

7. felker

felker Active Member

Well, who the heck is supposed to know what it would have taken to get Revis back? Hmm maybe the GM?

Woody should have a chat with his GM.

Oh wait.....

Too bad you can't fire the owner too.

Jake likes this.
  8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Why would Revis sign with New England so quickly if he was really interested in coming back to the Jets? I don't believe for a second that he was serious about coming back to NY.

Regardless, it wasn't the owner's job to try to get Revis back. Idzik should have claimed Revis off of waivers and he'd have had him for $16m/year. He would've gotten the 1st and 4th round picks for lending Revis out for 1 year, and it would've been one of the shrewdest moves ever. But he wasn't that shrewd, and that's one of the reasons why he's gone. It wasn't a failure of the owner, it was a failure of the GM.

9. felker

felker Active Member

Yes it's not the owner's job.... except the owner is making comments that he would like to have had Revis back. That automatically puts him in the group of owners (admittedly a large group) that meddle with their team personnel.

Right there it's a fail. Woody needs to worry about building a good organization and then letting them do their job. That's the real responsibility of the owner toward his customers, the fans.

10. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Moot point now as Rex is in Buffalo, and Mevis would go there instead of to the Jets. Nothing will come of this.

11. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Yes, two blowhards living happily ever after.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

is this shiot still being talked about? can we just stop this cheater talk. I mean for a team that cheated it's way to 2 sbs harbored an alleged murder they are really concerned about fair play and equity.
    I think the punishment should be having to live in Boston for two yrs.
    there the punishment has been handed out. can we lock this crap?

NYJetsO12, FlaJet and Pocket Jet like this.
  13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I think this thread should be fined....for tampering with intellect.

NYJetsO12 and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Right?! Strange thread

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Someone has proof of the Bills and Pegula's tampering with Rex while he was coaching the Jets. This was all a inside job. Conspiracies are happening!

[​IMG]

Someone get on this shit...Rex-Gate needs to ensue, Bills must surrender all top their picks to us!

Flip the script...

NY Jets68 likes this.
  16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Because it brings Pats fans joy to rub things into the Jets. Not sure where it comes from as if I were a Pats fan, the Jets would probably be the last thing on my mind right now. Other than not liking New York in general, I am not sure what we ever did to them except knock them out of the playoffs in 2010.

17. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

and exposing Spy-Gate

18. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

But have been to two. Which, if I recall correctly is twice as many as the Jets have ever been to, ever. I recall 5 years ago Jet's fans coronating Rex because he made it to and lost two AFCCG. Countless posts about Jets ascending, Pats descending. The Patriots have done more since Spygate than the Jets have done since the merger. Just another fun fact.

19. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Totally incorrect.

Just because he has opinions doesn't mean he was meddling with the personnel decisions. The main point of what he was saying was basically that Idzik was making the personnel decisions, not him. (With the parenthetical being- don't blame me, that was Idzik screwing things up. There had been rumors in the press that Woody vetoed a Revis reunion, and Woody was laying that rumor to rest. He was saying that if he had been intervening, he would have intervened in the opposite direction, to get Revis back.)

Mike Tannenbaum has said that it was his mistake that the Tebow trade happened. He never mentioned pressure from ownership, and there's really no evidence of that. Was the owner excited about it? Yes. Does that mean it was his idea, or that he was pushing that on the GM? That's a big jump, and there's really nothing to show that that was the case.

Almost all owners will at least want to be in the loop about what's going on with the team. Most of them will also have opinions. That doesn't mean they're pulling the strings, though. That's the distinction that I don't think you understand.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They contacted Rosenhaus.

Woody was just talking hypotheticals to show that the Revis non-signing was not his doing.

Nothing is gonna happen.

Ralebird likes this.