What was the play of the game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Yo Holmes, yo Holmes, a Patriots loss for me.

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

no love for the Braylon TD right before the half? That was a HUGE boost for our team going into halftime, and I think putting up a lead like that knocked any lingering doubts that we could actually beat these guys

3. RMorin

RMorin Member

I agree. What a stupid call by BB. Even IF the play worked you are not guaranteed points because you are at your own 40 and have had a hard time moving the ball all half. If it fails the Jets are almost guaranteed points because you give it to them at the 35. The risk vs. reward is just not worth it regardless of the outcome. If Eric Mangini or any other lame duck coach makes that call the media universally says its stupid but because its BB I've heard people on tv all night defending the call. WTF???

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The coffin nail was the Holmes play, for sure.

However, the pass to Edwards when Sanchez pointed where to go, and the LT touchdown set the tone for the entire game.

5. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

When the Pats fans were booing their own team off of the field at half-time...that was priceless....Jets took the crowd right out of this one by scoring a TD on the botched fake punt. To me that was the turning point.

6. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

it's already been mentioned in this thread but i think both edwards catches were great momentum swingers.

the play where sanchez hit braylon after dodging pressure and directing braylon, who caught it on his helmet, was around the time sanchez got over his early game miscues and he started to grow and become much more accurate and efficient.

braylon's TD showed the drive, effort, and determination needed by the team as a whole to outplay and fight off the patriots today, and we fucking did it.

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

To me, the Harris pick, even though we didn't get any points out of it, changed the momentum. (When the Pats marched down the field the way they did, I got a little nervous, then the pick, boom,) but then, I think it was also the Eliis sack to get the momentum going..

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That pass was the point in the game where I knew we'd win.
    A thing of pure beauty it was.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

That catch was great, but its gotta go to Cotchery's catch and run. That was the play that swing the game in our favor. Thats when I truly felt comfortable with the lead and thought Brady would never come back from here. They couldn't either way. They only scored that last TD cuz Jets were just trying to burn the clock with short and middle of the field completions.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Also, the sacks and hits on Brady were vital to our victory. What it did was create a false sense of insecurity even when there was no real pressure. It got to him and he laid an egg. Kudos to him for padding up the stats at the end of the game against a vanilla D.

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Not the play of the game but I really enjoyed seeing broken pieces of Wes Felcher's helmet flying through the air.

I have never seen that before, and it was.....poetic.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

For a second, I thought those were his balls. Then I realized he doesn't have balls.

13. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I think the Harris interception. They had just moved the ball up the field pretty easily and then the Harris pick happened and even tho we didn't capitalize on it it stopped them from putting points on the scoreboard and gave us tons of momentum.

14. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Yeah, I loved that too. It was like he got his little Patriot wings clipped. lol.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sanchez kneel down.

16. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Easily David Harris interception.

It was like in Rocky IV when Rocky made Drago bleed.

"YOU SEE HES NOT A MACHINE!!! HES A MAN!!!!!"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFYjOZu3nG8[/YOUTUBE]

#36 Pereiro16, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  17. HighFlyingJets

I gotta go with the Harris INT. Resulted in zero points, but that was the first impact play of the night. If Brady and the Patriots put up 7 right there, who knows how the game would have turned out? NE would of had way too much momentum after stopping our offense / followed by a crushing opening drive TD. That INT took away some confidence from #12.

All 5 sacks were important too. You could just tell, Brady didn't feel protected in the pocket. He looked a little lost & confused for a while.

18. al toon 88

al toon 88 New Member

Nobody underlined the onside kick recovery of Cro.

Hey guys...here in Italy was deep night when M.Sanchez kneeled...priceless the face of tom brady walking outside th field and....where was the usual arrogant smile of mr belichick after the game?

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Harris pick.

That first NE drive was looking ominous. Our O looked like shit and the Patsies went charging up the field on their opening drive without any problems whatsoever.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Biggest plays...
    1) I'd go w/ the interception also. Even though there was no points, I think the Pats O was in shock because they were so cocky. Jets D showed they're ready to play.

2) LT catch & run for TD. Sanchez accuracy was kinda shaky & I think this play really helped settle him down. What a great damn move LT pickup was.

3) J-Co with that huge catch & run. The Pats had just cut the lead to 3 points & looks like they had momentum. The offense came back big.

===
    My favorite plays ...
    1) Braylon dragging two All-Pros into the endzone. If that endzone was 10 yards farther, he would've kept dragging them until the endzone again. What a fucking beast.

2) Coleman sack on Brady. He looked like a human bullet ... damn he's fast.

3) Holmes catch. Such a beatiful play. Nice pass & even better catch & even more outstanding body control to stay in bounds.

#40 ajax, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011