What is with the obsession by the media with QBs that can't throw?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Concerned_Citizen, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The stadium , while a technological terror like the Deathstar, gives the Cowboys no home field advantage , it's impossible to generate noise or energy , it's soul less

Damn I'm in a cheery mood this weekend ! So you know what ? Not even the stadium is a positive .

Congrats on a good season , I was just kidding around with you, the future is bright for your team and Colin is pure excitement . Haurbagh has giant iron balls , you can't ask for more.

About Peyton Manning I'm only half kidding . Obviously a lock hall of fame legend but he has built this pseudo legacy of being one and done many times in the playoffs while being on absolutely loaded teams .

#121 CowboysFan, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

CC, I know you're not a fan of Tebow as an NFL QB (me neither) but I didn't know you don't like the Jets either. Not that it's important, I'm just curious: what team are you a fan of? thx

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

He's a bronco fan that disliked tebow in Denver and followed him here....very odd.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Dude, half the posters in this forum are Tebow haters who don't like the Jets. The supposed avalanche of Tebow fans is composed of quite a few haters. They are far more vigilant.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Got it-thx. I'm not very familiar with the regular players in this section, I just like to occassionally check in to read the flame wars for the cheap entertainment. ;-)

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

[​IMG]

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a media overreaction, except I think NFL teams always tried this. I think NFL teams would love QBs who can tuck the ball and book it for a ton of yards or use their feet to extend a play. Except there is difficultly sifting through runners/quick people in college who can throw vs throwers who can run and take and off. The second one is ideal as the QB's ability is not tied directly to their athletic ability which will diminish over their career. The first one can be worked on and is more common, but teaching someone to throw is much harder than teaching how to tell someone when to use their legs to take off.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That one is not too bad ...

#128 CowboysFan, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013