What is so great about Scott?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Feb 28, 2009.

1. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, according to NFL.com Barton is the highest rated OLB available on the market.

Edit: And about pass coverage, I was under the strong impression Scott is solid in that department. Barton can cover too, he has no problem keeping step with TEs and some WRs and he has great awareness, but he comes up flatfooted covering the more mobile receivers. Keep in mind also that it's not like our secondary did him any favors.

#101 GBA, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I think Bart Scott is a little overrated and now way overpaid. He has a great line and plays next to some of the best that play the game. It also helps that his secondary hosts the best middle fielder and two decent cover guys.

I really hope I am wrong, but I think we just got robbed. Barton was one of the best free agents we signed in recent years. Yes, he's made some bone-headed mistakes, but he was always around the football.

3. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I find it humorous that you are such a Tanny homer that you fall in line like a lemming. The point is that the cap is finite and we have other needs.

#103 supersonic, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  4. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

I agree, and remember they have had a few LB's who in their scheme shined but when they signed huge deals elsewhere never were heard from again...Jamie Sharper, Ed Hartwell, Adulis Thomas......also other then his hit a few seasons ago on Big Ben, Scott is known for nothing more then being a guy who runs his mouth but doesn't back it up....let's just hope he's different then the others I mentioned

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Jamie Sharper had 2 to 3 pretty good years before he hit 31. Ed Hartwell was hurt and never recoverd. Thomas has been really good for NE.