What EXACTLY makes Gohlston a lousy player?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mrgoose, Jan 25, 2010.

1. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

Curious, has Gholston himself said anything about his lack of production up to this point? (I have to believe has been asked this by the media by now.)

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Considering his slot picked, the $$$ he cost us, the fact that the need we picked him for hurt us last year and this (esp. vs. the Colts).....would you say VG is the WORST draft pick ever by the NYJ ?

I would....easily worse than Ron Faurot (who cared, we were gonna stink then anyway and still had Kleucko and Gastineau).

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

There's no reason to assume any of them could play in the CFL....let them try the UFL first.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

Tanny pulled the trigger, and I'm sure Mangini had input in the many other good picks before that. Not to mention that in 2008 we had a starter at every spot already, and besides for the money (which turns the situation into this) we could afford to develop Gholston...personnel wise anyway.

Personally, I think most of the Mangini stuff is garbage. I rarely take the soap opera headlines as seriously as I guess they should be...

#104 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  5. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

That video pretty much sums it up Goose! Kid is clueless. He has all the potential in the world, but he is just not all there.

6. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Excellent assessment RandH

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I honestly think all that makes him a lousy player is his lack of desire to play

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahahahhaa.... aaaahjahahhhhhahahhahahahahahaaa....

That's a pretty funny question! Thank you for the laugh!

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Here you go. Actually, it's a pretty telling read as to his current state of mind, and why at this rate he probably won't amount to anything. At least not in an NYJ uniform. Maybe a change of scenery will wake him up. But probably not.

He just doesn't get it. For the record, I was against the Gholston selection from day 1 for this very reason. The buzz around him during draft time painted him as a guy who didn't really have football as his first priority. He is simply not a competitor, at least not at the level required of an NFL player. At this point it's pretty doubtful that the light will go on for him.

#109 Kris 15, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  10. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I think most of these guys are in jail.

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

both gholston and chris long seem to be in the wrong systems ... gholston should be playing end in a 4-3 and long would be best at end in a 3-4

a trade would benifit both greatly

12. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Vernon Gholston-LB- Jets Jan. 25 - 9:35 pm et

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, "some in the organization" are ready to give up on 2008 first-round pick Vernon Gholston.

Gholston, the No. 6 overall pick two Aprils ago, has zero sacks in 29 career games and is ineffective on special teams. He was highly productive at Ohio State, but if defensive guru Rex Ryan can't salvage him, we doubt anyone can.
    Source: Newark Star-Ledger

13. JetsLookingforDWare

No he wouldn't, but Carriker would.

I wouldn't mind trying Long at OLB though...

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Sure he does....it has been his plan from the beginning. I firmly believe that now. Dupe them into signing him as early as possible.Get his guaranteed 21 Mil and then let them do whatever. He doesn't give a shit, because he doesn't even want to play....never did. Just wanted to give the illusion. I have never seen a football player, no matter how untalented, put such little effort into trying to maintain his spot. They could permanently bench Gholston and he wouldn't give a shit.

NFL Teams should be able to sue fuckers like this for breach of contract. He is an absolute and complete fraud, and has been from day 1.

15. John1234

John1234 New Member

Dump him while we have no cap, and eat the money. There should be a sitcom. Put all the first round busts the jets have picked over the years, and put them in a house. Murrell, Mitchell, Gholston, Nagle, we've had some real crappy picks.