What exactly are they saving for the regular season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yahoo, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Miami, Indy, St Louis, Tennessee and Buffalo are all games we can win. That ups your 5 to 10 and a playoff berth.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Do us a fucking favor and stop watching this suck ass team. We have a sucky offense, sucky QB, sucky RB, sucky OL and a sucky #24. You'll be doing us a great favor. At least that would be one less sucky fan...

You don't care what Sanchez did in the preseason, but u came to your fucking conclusion by looking up preseason stats and objective games.

Mods, can we have a new SOJF forum? They are clustering the forum with new BS everyday.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Oh, but wait, he's a darkfuckingsider, so no, it doesn't up the win total to 10. If anything Buffalo and Miami will be sweeping up and we'd be 3-13 with #1 overall pick. We'll select Berkley and he'll suck for the next 5 years while we accumulate a total of 12 wins in that span and the cycle starts again.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez actually was a 54% thrower his first season, a 55% thrower his second season and a 57% thrower (rounding all correctly) his third season. He's probably going to be a 58% or 59% thrower this year.

Eli Manning was a 48% thrower his first season, a 53% thrower his second season, a 58% thrower his third season and a 56% thrower his 4th season. He finally hit 60% in his 5th season, which is about where Sanchez is likely to do that also.

Numbers mean something. Go look at Sanchez numbers and then post. Stating that he's going to complete the same percentage of passes this year that he did his rookie season, when he was a much rawer QB, is not very informed, no?

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]lSPNQ82Sq4E[/YOUTUBE]

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your opinion matters again, why?

7. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

I disagree completely.......The wildcat will be unleashed in two weeks and when it is......look out...that is all! Seriously. I think early on it will get some defenses of balance and hopefully translates into some early wins. I think we will be surprised at the power run game as well.....I think Austin Howard looked very impressive on Sunday and he is a man mountain that can move people.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The wildcat is a known phenomenon in the NFL at this point. It surprises nobody and it is not all that effective as a result.

I'm thinking the Jets are actually going to have a full read-option package that they run with Tebow. They would not have brought him in here with the silent motive of possibly replacing Sanchez if he falters without also planning for Tebow to run something a bit more effective than the single wing in that situation.

I also think it is very possible that they don't show the full package until week 7 against the Patriots. They don't want to give Belichik a lot of film to work with before they run it against him the first time.

I think Sanchez is going to get 90% of the snaps, just like the Jets say he will, through week 4 or so and then they'll adjust based on what is happening at the time.

If the offense is moribund, which is a very likely scenario, I expect them to use Tebow more and more and eventually have the read-option in place as the main offense probably debuting it against the Pats in week 7.

God help us.

9. yahoo

yahoo Banned

I don't care if Sanchez hits 90 percent of his passes, if they are all 3-yard dump-offs and he can't move the chains it's worthless.

I thought Sanchez was pretty clutch two years ago, but I think he's lost all sense of swagger - so afraid to make a mistake that he just won't pull the trigger unless he thinks it's a perfect completion.

This mentality has been drilled into his head for his whole pro career.

You can't win with a quarterback like that.

Just the fact that they didn't try to run the two-minute drill in the last moments of the first half Sunday night is telling.

10. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

You might be right but there hasn't been a guy like Tebow to run it before....all conventional wisdom goes out the window when this guy steps on the field...we all saw that lst year.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think he needs to relearn that he can trust his o-line. That started Sunday night and he did in fact take two shots down field. The completed pass to Hill was a great read and throw.

If Howard can continue to hold down the right side I think we'll see some very positive things from Sanchez this year. Especially when he gets back in sync with Holmes and Kerley.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Why wouldn't the Jets try to get any advantage, no matter how small, going into a division rival?

I had to shut off Michael Gay yesterday because he was blabbering on and on about how the fact that the Jets are trying to hide something means they don't have confidence in their offense.

That's horse shit. The goal isn't to win preseason games, it's to win regular season games... division games in particular. If Buffalo is distracted for even thirty minutes in their gameplanning because of what the Jets have done then it is a strategy well done.

13. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

What are they hidIng? What are they doing? No gamePlan. No scheme's. I want to know what we have shown? What is with the over reaction this year

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

there are so many thinly disguised trolls on this forum at the moment its getting sad

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just stop giving a shit about it. I did. It's fun to call some tard on their nonsense, be they some doofus or just some twerp acting like a doofus, but it'll get in the way of you actually contributing to the forum eventually. The people hiding like that are worse than the ones that don't know what they're talking about, in terms of self-respect. Just enjoy that reality.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

[YOUTUBE]VgGkhd7IUac[/YOUTUBE]

He's a Dolphin killer lol.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The trolls are not thinly disguised at all. Their rants all go the same way. He sucks, they suck, we suck...

There are however many fans (myself included) who think there are more questions than answers at this point.

I've read the arguments for both 12-4 and 4-12 seasons. I think both sides can but together a convincing argument supporting their pov.

Watching the games, I see individual efforts that look promising, but a collective effort that is less than average...which makes me think we have the talent, but the new offense is still a work in progress. Something that's fixable, rather than something we don't have the players for.

I've mentioned before my concern with Greene being able to carry the load all season or if he can carry it at all (the G&P load). I wonder if Mark can get his head straight the way he was in 09-10. I wonder if other than Holmes, do we have anyone that can run and catch. I wonder can we score a TD in the first quarter this year.

What I see is what everyone else here sees, a team that can go 12-4...or 4-12.

I don't think that makes me a Troll or SOJF... maybe it does.

18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

It looks like the same Jets offense as last year and worse than the two years we went to the AFC championships.

What we really needed to do was hire an offensive guru to complement Rex's mastery of the defense. We hired Sparano who is no offensive guru and failed in Miami.

That move didn't make sense to me and I think we're seeing the results.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There hasn't been a single regular season game yet this season. There are no results for any team in the league right now.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Tebow is gonna start stabbing bitches with tridents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]