What do we LIKE about the Jets right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup...both Geno and Petty should be gone. Fitz will be back, Hack will be bu, and Macc will either grab someone elses Sanchez in FA or suck it up and go QB early in the draft.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hey I seen him defend a wheel route really well ... once.. which is a lot more than I've seen from any jets LB ever... so he got that going for him.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hell nah Fitz gotta go. He brings nothing to the table.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have this burning sensation in my gut that Shitz will be back in 2017 too. Hack will indeed be the backup or the #3 if Macc gets another QB off the scrap heap. So much to look forward to in 2017 I don't know where to begin..

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I must say, -- - I don't recall a season in which the "have to go" list has been so obvious.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. wewantsapp

Belichick himself spoke to this about how there's an increasingly common practice w/other NFL teams of firing coaches & GMs after 2 seasons or less. They think that by cleaning house, they're addressing/fixing the problems sooner than later, but the upheaval causes a ton of instability.

FJF likes this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think that the firing of coaches after only a couple of years is a bad thing as well. But honestly, some coaches raise their game
    and adjust and others don't. Bowles will get another year I'm pretty sure. But I don't know if it will make a difference.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Stability doesn't come from keeping incompetent HCs and GMs. Any appearance of "stability" with guys like that is totally a mirage and delusional. True stability only comes when you have a competent owner or when an owner is intelligent enough to realize that he doesn't know jack, so hires the best professionals he can to run the team. The Jets will have no stability until Woody sells the team.

Do you seriously think we had stability under Rex, who was here for 6 years?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If they bring Fitz back in 2017, I hope the damn team NEVER wins another game until Woody sells the team.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Tends to happen when there's a really bad season. Some of the cuts are no brainers, and I expect a few more to become obvious within the next few weeks. What I'm worried about is Jets will get a few wins that ruin their draft position and also provide a false hope that this year was an aberration.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who are we to argue with belichick?

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm LMAO.

13. WarriorRB28

It's obvious.

Green Bay runs their O through Rodgers not some stinkin' old JAG non-HOF RB. There he would've been a part of the Rodgers supporting cast.

Here he gets the boring as eff Matt Forte show where he hogs up most of the touches, buries a dynamic, younger difference making RB (Powell) on the depth chart. Sure the team stinks, sure the O has been a shell of what it was in 2015 but Matt Forte's stats look decent don't they?

Stinkin' old JAG. I didn't like that signing when it was made I hate it now. BOO!

14. WarriorRB28

1. Leonard Williams looks special.

2. The WR group looks out of this world good. Especially when they get Decker back next season. I hope they don't blow it up.

3. Bilal Powell

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

^ he doesn't bury anybody, bowels does.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) the young WR core. enunwa is a beast. anderson looks to have huge potential, marshall and peake look like solid WRs as well. hopefully smith can amount to something. all are under 25 and have brandon for likely another year if not 2 to mentor them and draw coverage.

2) Wesley johnson, we haven't missed mangold much to be honest. johnson is playing very well

3) powell , dude has to be the best backup RB in the NFL. every time he touches the ball good things happen. and we have him for another 3 years in his prime

4) williams - looking like a beast at DE already

17. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

I like the fact that if I wanted to go to a game, it may cost $6 a ticket...

18. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

That the game is over, that's what I like about the Jets right now.

Jets69 likes this.
  19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

That the season is almost over. I should be getting paid to watch crap like that.

20. wewantsapp

Big difference between 6 years & 2 years. And not that it matters, but I wanted Rex gone the moment he admitted he didn't know what was going on in the locker room at the time of the Santonio Holmes temper tantrum.