What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Offseason

/thread

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

3. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Anyone who thinks Ryan is any better/safer than Sanchez is kidding themselves. They are both guys who need to have a great season or risk being labelled a bust. Freeman also belongs in this group.

4. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

honestly, i would love to see schotty become the atl oc.

it would be interesting to see him work with ryan and see if he comes up with better results.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Ru47OkDKzxg[/YOUTUBE]

7. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Anyone who criticizes Sanchez based on his performance, demeanor on the field, continous mistakes and misreads, and statistics = a) idiot, b)not a "real" fan, c)unknowledgeable about football, d)someone with a hidden agenda, e)hates the Jets, f)ignorant, e)all of the above.

Anyone who can see past Sanchez's poor performance to date and can look into the future and realize that all he needs is to be surrounded All-Pro players at every position so that he can become the next Joe Montana = football geniuses and the only "true" Jets fans.

#107 DeutschlandFan, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Joe Theesman is a douche.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

LMAO, the play killer is coming to town. No one in their right mind will hire Brian.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

dumb as fucking rocks. I hate Theismann. definitely the worst color analyst in history of football broadcasting also

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Great observation Joe. what a joke

12. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Come on. Don't be so hard on him. After all, here's a guy who goes out there on the air day in and day out and just comments on football plays. And he realizes that great football players make great football plays and that it doesn't take a Norman Einstein to know that you have to run with your feet underneath you.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It was only after the media started unloading on Schitty that he was run out of town. Now it seems the media is unloading on Sanchez (Theisman and Woody(Damien..better clairify that) so far, maybe others I forget), I wonder what the outcome of this will be.

#113 Don, Jan 13, 2012
  14. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Joe is the biggest asshole football guy in the media today, he is a down right Skins homer and a known Jets hater...fuck him and the ship he sailed in on.. Now having said that it find this quote very interesting....

“[Brian] felt like he was saddled and limited by what Mark Sanchez can do in New York,” Theisman said. “Mark is really not that good. He’s a hard-working kid. He wants to be good. But he doesn’t understand the game of football the way Matt does.

So I don't get the lazy comment about Mark,,,that's BS...yet the part about not understanding the game the way other QB's do I find very interesting.

Where ever Schotty lands, if that offense suddenly becomes hot with a different QB, and we see knowns plays to Jets fans suddenly coming to life, that will be a damning inditment of Mark's play.

One way or another this coming season will answer once and for all the QB/OC question....

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I would agree with your comment, except he had chad and brett to work with. He has never had a knockout offense.

16. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Sanchez wins ....its sanchez
    He loses ........its shottenheimer(soon to be sparano)
    He sucks ........its shottenheimer's incompetence
    He completes that occasional pass.....its his raw talent, developing
    Sanchez wipes his ass.......bravo sanchez
    He forgets to wipe it........shottenheimer

#116 vedmedv, Jan 13, 2012
  17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The thing about the clear divide between fans on Sanchez is, regardless of what is said for or against him, we will see next season where he stands as a starting QB. One side will be wrong, one will be correct. I have lost interest in the predictable negative comments on our QB, I'm sure most have lost interest in the predictable optimistic comments about Sanchez. This offseason couldn't be more important for Sanchez and 2011 couldn't be removed from the media and fan's memory fast enough.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The fact that he's short, has a slow release, stares down his recievers and isn't very accurate doesn't discourage me at all. It takes time to grow a few inches. Accuracy and release can be improved over time and no question the more you see live NFL action the more you see live NFL action.

The good news is now that we are no longer a win now D and running team we have time to develop our QB along with the rest of the team. It would be a huge mistake to unload Sanchez unless of course we are trading up. QB's are alot like girl friends when you're single. Always trade up.

19. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I did predict this though.... How could the Brian Schottenheimer camp go on with a career in football and explain why he's so good and deserving of more jobs without throwing Mark Sanchez under the bus.....

I think the jets and Schott tried to make a deal where the Jets wouldn't fire him, at least right away, and make it look like he got a better job while Brian would talk little and just move on at the right time... Jets tried to do the right thing by him.

That said, to me the Theismann remarks hold some merit. Sounds to me like he's talked to Brian.

But, here we are, IMO ONE MORE SEASON.. gotta put the best they can around him and hope for the best.... I wouldn't mind Chad Henne here - He's got a better arm and better size and Sparano willknow quickly which guy understands the game better.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

well, golly gee whiz, he was a great quarterback who became an abyssmal commentator and is now just an sad old alcoholic who should get rehabbed, detoxed and just STFU

golly gee golly whiz