What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. njjet

njjet Member

Sanchez is an average QB at best. He might be able to win a few playoff games but he is not an elite QB. The only chance the Jets have of winning the SB is if they upgrade the team at every position with Sanchez their QB.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He needs to man up. Quit watching Broadway musicals and begin going to strip bars would be a good start for him.

#42 TNJet, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  3. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Even for those who want Sanchez back next year (including myself), I find it hard for anyone to definitively answer yes to this question. Cautiously optimistic, as brothermoose said, might be the best answer.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

there needs to be an "on the fence" option

5. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Can't wait for a new QB.

#45 Cynic, Jan 11, 2012
  6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Depends on the question. If you're talking about is he the answer for "who is our QB next year?" then the answer is yes. If the question is "is Sanchez the QB to win us a Superbowl?" then I would say the answer is no. He's good enough but I don't think he's good enough to win it all.

7. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

YOU DAMN RIGHT!

Since it seems to be a Make-or-Break season upcoming for Mark, BRING BACK THE WR HE WAS MOST COMFORTABLE WITH so there are NO EXCUSES. [​IMG]

I read your post but all I can think of was your avy :

[​IMG]

It was then I realized that you're a Holmes fan. How ANYONE can be a Holmes fan after what he pulled is amazing.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with my avatar and everything to do with Sanchez's play. I wanted him to succeed as much as any other fan but he doesn't have it. We'll see next year.

And Braylon? The same Braylon who recently got cut from SF? Neither are the answer.

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I see nothing from him that tells me he will be anything more than a lower tier QB in this league.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What qb does not need a supporting cast? We talk about Brady, manning, Bree's, Rodgers, like they have bums off the street as their supporting cast.

Give MS Sproles instead of Greene catching passes out of the backfield, give him Driver instead of plaxico, give him gradzkowski instead of Keller, he has no weapons right now, the man is going to be a top tier qb in this league, give him the weapons all of those other Qbs have and he will be very successful. He has already had success.

#50 Red Menace, Jan 11, 2012
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The investment in Sanchez dictates he be the centerpiece of the Jets. From what I've seen so far I believe he has the ability to be that guy. I believe the Jets need to surround him with talent worthy of a franchise quarterback and be consistent with that talent. They took away a weapon from him that he was comfortable with in Braylon Edwards. They also trusted an unproven journeyman to protect his flank which proved disastrous. They overloaded him with a system that was beyond him at this point in his development.

Excuses? Possibly. Can they be rectified? Definitely.

I believe Sanchez can and will be our guy for a long time.

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Cautiously optimistic is the best way you could put. Can that be an option on this poll?

13. TheGreenCantona

I am for Sanchez next year,, especially aft all this ridiculous media pounding he is taking, BUT I do nit think he will ever come to anything special as a qb. I have prayed for that to happen since his first throw, think it was a 30-40 yards to cotchery, and I will continue to hope I am wrong.

14. Mason

Mason New Member

Exactly. You want production out of your QB? Then get him some weapons. Don't expect him to light the world on fire with bullet-in-leg and the overrated incredibly overpaid malcontent. You're up against the odds. Name me a good QB that's producing with weapons as abysmal as ours. This goes for any QB we have lined up under center. Sanchez is currently that guy, so I'm going to defend him until I see him sucking in a good situation. No deep threat, no reliable receiver, no #1 receiver, no running game, porous pass blocking, dropped passes, absolutely no speed. You ask yourself, minus Sanchez, do these weapons have the potential to be explosive? The answer is a resounding NO.

Think about this for a second, even with 3 terrible QBs, Reggie Wayne managed to almost scratch 1000 yards(960) with 75 catches, on a 2-14 team. Historically, good receivers paired with bad QBs still manage to get their yards and catches. Our top receiver? 654 yards and 51 receptions. Laughable. This group is just bad. Sanchez wasn't good this year, but what did you expect?

#54 Mason, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  15. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

As a QB that can manage for now sure. Franchise carry the team. Nope.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think he can be a poor mans big Ben. A qb that may not put up flashy numbers but he can get the job done. I say give him time to develop it's not his fault he was placed in a position he wasn't ready for.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Lol at Sanchez "not having weapons" don't get me wrong I'm not talking as if we had the best show on turf out there. But you're telling me Dustin Keller is not a weapon? Santonio Holmes is not a weapon, who btw is a former super bowl MVP, Shonne Greene who rushed for a 1000 yards is not a weapon? Even Plaxico catching passes in the end zone wasn't a weapon?

Our o line didn't perform up to it's usual standard and yet they are still better than most o lines in the league.

Y'all need to quit making excuses for Sanchez poor play by putting down other players on the team.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

That would be fine if he hadn't shown in 09 and 10 that he was able to stretch the field. I didn't see any receivers running free deep down the field this year, did you?

19. Mason

Mason New Member

Dustin Keller had an OK year, but I get the feeling that you're overrating him. He's never shown that he can play any better than he has this past season.

Santonio Holmes is not a #1 receiver in this league. He's our #1 receiver, and he's putting up 600 yards, going games without catches, dropping passes, not getting open, not getting separation, and being a malcontent. The dude has had 1 good season in his entire career, and he did that playing second fiddle to a 95 reception, 1200 yard Hines Ward. He has never produced as a team's #1 receiver. That's why I didn't like us paying him all that money, he did nothing to prove he deserved it. That's why I wasn't surprised by the season he had. He's not a guy who's going to beat the opposing team's #1 corner every week. No team fears him. There are top flight receivers, then there are complimentary receivers, Santonio falls into the latter. Problem is, we don't have a top flight receiver that he can compliment.

History shows that no matter the QB, good receivers will still get their numbers. Look at what Fitzgerald is working with in Arizona, Reggie Wayne is working with in Indy, Owens, Moss, Bowe, Megatron and Andre Johnson in year's past. You got rookies eclipsing 1000 yards with rookie QBs. Good receivers will their numbers. Santonio has been in the league for 6 years, and has one 1k yard season, and that was as a #2 option.

Plax in the redzone is as much of a weapon as anyone in this league, the problem is - that's the only spot on the field where he's useful, and that should not be the case for a #2 receiver. A #2 receiver should be one that takes advantage of being matched-up with the opposing teams #2 corner. What does Plax do? He has as much of a chance of getting open against the #3 corner, as he does against a #1 corner. The dude is old and slow, has a bullet hole in his leg and is fresh off 2 years in prison.

No reason to mention Greene. He's not a pass catching running back, and our running game did little to help Sanchez this season.

Sanchez played with the cards he was dealt. I would feel this way about any QB we had back there. You'd have to be completely irrational to expect our QB to light the world on fire with the weapons we have. No good QB produces with a bad corps and no #1 target(and no running game and a bad O-Line). That's a fact.

First of all, you say this like these other players aren't playing poor themselves. Everyone on the offense played good except of Sanchez, right? What team were you watching? Our whole offense stunk, not just Sanchez.

20. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

couldnt say it any better myself, i have had high hopes for this kid since we drafted him and have seem some great and not so great things out of him...but the good out weighs the bad imo so im gonna give him another season to prove himself...the other thing i feel like some jets dont realize is how young he really is, its not like he was 24-25 coming out in the draft...this is still a young kid who needs more time to develope. Last thing is look at some of the top tier guys you see today and i know this point has been made before, but Peyton and Brees werent always as good as they are now...just look at the stats.