What camp are you in about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Jan 11, 2012.

?

Do you think Sanchez is the answer for NYJ's?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

163 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

77 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

winner :beer:

2. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

for those crying about players talking crap about sanchez look at Baltimore where Ed Reed is talking about Flacco playing like crap and he won. Also Flacco won by playing like shit which proves Sanchez's 4 playoff wins are meaningless as any qb can win in the playoffs even Trent dilfer.

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Never wanted him drafted BUT, I also face the reality that he's here for at least another year and the team all around him collapsed last year....

That all said,

DAMMIT EVERY TIME I ENTER A SPORTS STORE AND SEE A SANCHEZ JERSEY I CRINGE!

I never loved Pennington but, I don't think I ever had that same feeling seeing his jersey.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

O'brien
    Nagle
    Esiason
    Reich
    O'donnell
    Testaverde
    Lucas
    Bollinger
    Pennington
    Favre

Why wouldn't I like Sanchez after that list?

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Wait let me use facts that you won't respond to because they prove your argument wrong.

Look at these stats http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/post/

and then these http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00/gamelog/post/

Flacco could barely complete 50% of his passes in 4 of his 8 playoff games. He has thrown for 6 TDs and 7 picks. He has 6 QB ratings under 90, 5 under 89. He has thrown for 3 picks in a game and at most 2 TD's in a game twice. One of them coming this season. Flacco has topped 200 yards twice. He has thrown for under 150 yards 4 times (half his games). Flacco has contributed 0 rushing or throwing TDs in 3 games.

Sanchez has hovered near 50% completion once, and that is at 52. He has thrown only one pick at most in a playoff game and thrown for 2 Tds twice and 3 TD's once. He has 3 QB ratings over 100, an addition one over 90. Mark Sanchez has topped (here is your favorite stat) 200 yards twice. Sanchez has throw for under 150 once. 1/6 of his games. Sanchez has contributed to 0 touchdowns once.

Basically Sanchez has much more meaningful contribution to his team in a positive way than Flacco has in the playoffs, so far. But don't let stats get in your way of avoiding giving Sanchez any credit what so ever. We can be critical of Sanchez and the whole team, but pinning everything successful Sanchez does on his teammates shows your bias in this argument.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kick to the nuts. Glenn Foley should be in there too. We expected big things from him. Ugh.

7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

How did Mark Sanchez do in the playoffs this year? Oh thats right we didn't go to the playoffs because he choked all season and had a terrible year.

8. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Why would my post piss people off. It was a lot more complementary toward Sanchez than most Jet fans. I don't think he's a proven bust, I don't think he'll ever be an elite QB either. Why would that piss you off.

....And SG - congratulations you have managed to be irrelevant, banal. most likely to be ignored on 2 Jet fans sites. Be nice to me, because if I don't respond to you, no one else would

9. displacedfan

Except your original statement wasn't about this year, it was about the playoffs and how Joe Flacco can win so Sanchez's playoff wins don't count. Good effort trying to change the argument. We all know Sanchez performed poorly this season, as did the rest of the team, the GM and the coaches.

10. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

What good does playoff performance mean when he does so poorly during the regular season that the Jets don't even make the playoffs.

11. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I'm still in his corner, but he is burning stock.

I still think the kid CAN do a lot for this team, but he has to start correcting the shit that he repeatedly does wrong. The change from Shotty will be a positive thing for him. Shotty's system sucked. A lot of routes were awful design. What gets done with the whiny primadonnas, and whether that change will be for the better, remains to be seen.

I want to see improvement by the end of this season though.......

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

They can win with Sanchez, but it will involve very strong Oline, Defensive, and ST play to get it done.
    So in other words, i don't think Sanchez at QB will ever be the strength of this team.

Can that model work in today's NFL? Let see how Balt and SF do this weekend.
    I'm hoping one of them win out to show that its not only a QB league (although i think every year it becomes more of one)

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Both SF and Balt won with dominating D's and even Texas has a very strong one. Texas got as far as it did with a third string Qb and a great running game and D, so right there you already have your answer. I don't think Yates was all that bad, but some of his throws? He is lucky he didn't have more turnovers. So... a decent Qb and Houston is a very tough team.

In fact at this stage you would have to say the Giants are as much about their D as their passing attack, too. So they are somewhere in the middle.

As for Flacco, did anyone beside me actually watch the game? Baltimore's receivers dropped way too many passes on him, and Houston was pressuring him all game long. Meanwhile Rice only had 60 yards rushing at 2.9 yds a clip. Yikes that sucks. Yet Flacco still had two TD's and his team won the game against a very strong D.

I don't know how anyone who watched the game would say Sanchez would have done as well as Flacco, let alone better.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Fixed that post for you so you dont seem like a fucking retard.

15. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

guys calm the fk down....we went to the playoffs back to back years w/ rookie qb n rookie head coach, now u guys think the sky is falling because we went 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs it doesn't mean we'll never do it again

i want to know how many teams in the nfl era went to back to back afccg w/ rookie qb n rookie hc...probably not many...jeez...calm down

16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

If he reveals sources, he never gets anyone to talk to him again. Mehta has been the best beat writer in a while, and as soon as he posts something negative about Sanchez, all the Sanchez apologists come out in droves to defend the guy and rip Mehta.

Here's my evidence: Portions of the team see what a good portion of fans see...a mediocre, at best, QB. The sources could be guys like Santonio for all we know. So maybe not the most reliable sources, but then again, maybe they are. To automatically say that Mehta made it up is childish and ignorant when he's been a reliable writer all season long.

Let me put it this way...

Manish Mehta has been a much better beat writer than Mark Sanchez has been a starting NFL QB.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I have no problem with him writing a story that is critical of Sanchez or anyone else in the organization. In the past, he dug for stories and put the effort in to produce a quality product.

This story, however, was nothing but nameless bitching. It was lazy and uninspired. It did nothing except tell me what I already knew - that there are people in the organization questioning whether Sanchez is 'The Guy'. No names, no numbers, no perspective. Just innuendo from anonymous sources passed off as fact. That is classic, shitty NY reporting.

18. displacedfan

You posted the same exact thing as Jetsons22 above and I responded to it. His argument was that "Also Flacco won by playing like shit which proves Sanchez's 4 playoff wins are meaningless as any qb can win in the playoffs". That is why I brought up the playoffs because you know we were discussing playoff performance and not regular season performance.

And like I told Jetsons who responded with the same exact thing as you...
    We all know Sanchez performed poorly this season, as did the rest of the team, the GM and the coaches.

19. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

AND we didn't turn the ball over 6 times on special teams AND we didn't give up a 99 yard touchdown or other huge plays on defense. The whole team played like complete shit, find another scapegoat on the team.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He had one "bad" year when his OL was awful, receivers sucked and was probably injured.