What Are We Doing With Salary Cap Room?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath12, Aug 7, 2011.

1. nyjetsfan22

nyjetsfan22 Member

More info please........

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

holy fuck, you are so retarded!

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone said it.

4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

What in the hell? Put down the crackpipe.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
    RT @AlbertEliasMGMT: ESM Client Keith Zinger agrees to 1 yr deal w Jets.....Zinger- a very good blocking TE #nyj

This must be what they were saving that 10 mil for.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Give it a rest....sigh.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

[YOUTUBE]Q4sG5h3HoMc[/YOUTUBE]

8. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, that can't be questioned. It's just a matter of where they were before that. Technically, they could sign contracts for any amount they wished as long as they were then under the cap by August 4th.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, that's the question. I would think the official numbers will be out soon. It isn't like they aren't public.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's getting to the point where there are just too many departures to ignore. I mean guys like Smith, Ellis, Taylor, Ighidgebo, Woody, etc by themselves aren't significant but put together it's reaching a point of critical mass. Especially with the Pats loading up AFTER a 14-2 season.

11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Anybody mind considering Darren Sharper or Deon Grant to improve our Safety position? Not long term but quick upgrades at inexpensive pricetags.I just am not comfortable with Leonard and Smith as our starting safeties.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah honestly are team looks pretty great right now, we look like a legit contender. If we have 10 million we should restructure some of our own players right now, which would free up even more cap room for the future so that we can add even more players ontop of this team in the future.

We really seem to have a A LOT to look forward to...

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

smith - meh
    ellis - bummer but it makes sense
    Taylor - whatever
    Dig - love the guy but he's past the point of becoming something. He's a career special teamer
    Woody - they're fine with Hunter. He looked good last year filling in.

Enough with the hand wringing.

14. Awells12

Awells12 New Member

So where can I find a real number for the cap whenever it is released?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

A little fact finding goes a long way.

I feel like I'm one of the 20 members who do it.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

17. skeleton_frames

LOL. No doubt. It always kills me when people ask questions that took longer to type than it would have to just type what you're looking for into Google.

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

So we got rid of some has-beens and career special teamers and they picked up some has-beens and they loaded up?

Let's be honest, I love Woody, Ellis, and I like Taylor but they're old ass dudes, two of which were coming back from substantial injuries. Taylor's nothing more than a situational defensive player in Miami and he would have been the same here. Brad Smith can't catch, he simply cannot catch but he's a hell of a special teamer. We wanted him back but his agent and him were too impatient to wait for us to offer them a good deal so he ran off to Buffalo to lose the rest of his career. Regardless, his strong point is special teams and well I don't feel like it's a huge loss as much as I love the guy. Ihedigbo was a great hitter and special teamer, but that's it. I loved his enthusiasm and the fact he wanted to be a Jet, but it's not a big loss.

The Pats, on the other hand, added the laziest man alive in Albert Haynesworth. The guy hasn't even practiced the past 3 or 4 days for undisclosed reasons (he probably beat his wife for burning his bacon). Ochocinco poses us no problem what so ever. He can barely get any receptions against Revis as it is. Shaun Ellis? Old as hell, came off of a hip surgery and hasn't even done his conditioning test.

If anything, I think both teams had a very lateral offseason. I just think our edge over them is that we have young guys who we can just plug into the system and be amazing players from the get go. Honestly I'm not too worried, especially if Sanchez steps up and balls out this year, we'll be pretty damn unstoppable.

20. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly how this works with the new CBA, but if you think they are gonna have cap room week 1 you're deluding yourself. You need to fundamentally understand the way Tanny deals with salary caps...he views long term contracts as money that can really be moved around. So if they have more cap room now that they don't need, all that means is that they will have even more cap room in the future. All the "renegotiated deals" did not mean so much that they were taking less money, it just meant they were moving around dollars to make the cap number work. Tanny is a master at this art, he's been doing it for years. Leave him alone.