We've got ourselves a center Trey Teague (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by beanball, Apr 12, 2006.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Does anyone know: can Mangold play guard?

2. Jetfan1215

Jetfan1215 New Member

Teague is a great signing to help bolster the O line. Now if Jets keep #29 what position do we pick?

3. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

look for BPA at that spot, if it follows the belicheck/pioli scheme, when selecting at the end of round 1, you always take the BPA, regardless if its a pick that fans/beat writers like or not

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I was actually thinking the same thing. Not that I want to move up with the 'Aints, but almost every draft I saw had up penciled in for taking Mangold.

Personally, I'm all for Carpenter or Maroney, and then trying Eslinger in the third.

5. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Don't even think about it. Forget it.

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

RB would be nice, but probably a LB/DE will happen like Lawson

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

So do the Bills have a centre right now or is it looking like they might take Mangold?

By the way I am surprised FA O-linemen haven't been more anxious to play in NY, considering anyone half decent can basically step in and start....

8. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Teague is better than what we have, but he's really a hold the fort kind of guy. I'd like to see him in more of a jack-of-all-trades backup capacity. I suppose this plugs a hole, and now it's not the end of the world if we don't get Mangold, but I'd still like to see us address the interior in this draft.

-X-

9. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be the party pooper, but am I the only person who noticed how everybody was anti-Teague until we actually signed him?

Trey Teague is not a very good player. And he is certainly not a longterm solution. I see no reason why this would stop the Jets from drafting Mangold at #29.

10. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

i want to get a bill fan in here and tell us how teague played

#90 10nyjets87, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  11. Jetfan1215

Jetfan1215 New Member

I'd love a DE like lawson in that spot to replace John "hobble to the sideline" Abraham.

12. 1028

1028 Active Member

Kyle Young, anybody? :beer:

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Norm Katnik taking over Teague's contract expires... thats what i think will happen. Obviously the Jets are high on him, because they signed a "hold-the-fort" type of player for two years, so they probably wont be spending a first round pick on a player where they already have a solid starter and a player with a lot of potential that they seem to be high on.

14. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

O-line Flexiblity

Teague gives us tremdous flexiblity come draft time, because he can play center which he has for the past four years with Bills or left tackle like he did with the Bronco's when he started his career. He's durable and he's a great pass blocker. What more can we ask for. love the move

15. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

I can't stand Kendall at guard though. We can't run with him being 280lbs.and Teague is small too.Still need a left guard and a RT in IMO.

Fabini was our 4th round pick out of Cincinnati

they just resigned Peerless Price too

16. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Trey was an okay center nothing special. I have to believe that the old regime didnt see much in him because we drafted Duke Preston to be our future center. Marv came in and didnt offer him a contract so we signed Melvin Fowler to be our new center. From what I have noticed about Trey the past couple of years is he gets pushed back into the backfield way too much. Most of us Bills fans wanted Tucker to start at center because he was a much better athlete, but Tom "Phil" Donahoe messed that one up by cutting him because he spoke the truth about the terrible job management was doing. Trey Teague is a decent center but nothing special, he will do his job but not in the upper class and just below the middle class of quality centers.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Sweet, now we just need a G and a RT and our o-line is complete!

18. GreenMachine

Thanks for the info... but........Who the F*** is Melvin Fowler???? Sounds like the next President of Zimbabwe...

19. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

He started for the Vikings last year when Birk went down with an injury. He also started at G and C for the Browns before they drafted Faine

20. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

hes a very good center overlooked by many i like the signing solidifies the OL even more wow the puzzle is coming together